Menu

How long does your kidney continue to hurt after you have passed a stone?

I took several months for everything to feel "better". And it seemed even longer to feel normal. What hurt the worst after the stone for me was the tube that connects to the bladder. My stone got stuck right before intering the bladder. My kidney did hurt too afterwards. Like you said not as bad as when you were passing the stone. Every week did seem to be an improvement though. Like others have said it takes time for all the tissue to heal.

I do hope you are doing better soon. To be honest I don't think I have ever known what someone else experienced. So maby this is just me. I hope this helps. Glad you don't have any more!

Kristen

Last summer, I had multiple kidney stones which was diagnosed on a Monday. On Thursday morning the "mother of the stones" finally passed at which point I really thought I would need to go to the ER for an epidural even with the pain meds I had at home. It finally passed, and I felt much better. By Friday, I was a functioning person again. While I still felt bad, the pain was gone once the last stone passed. I would call your doctor to make sure that everything is okay. I'm sorry you are going through this. It was the worst experience I've ever gone through, and I pray that I will never have to deal with them again. It made labor and delivery look like a walk in the park...

Kidney stone queen here. I've passed many stones. I don't remember my kidney hurting after passing stones. I would let your doc know. I wonder if there is an infection there - but then you would most likely have a fever. Maybe the ureter is swollen from the kidney stone traveling through, and that is causing the urine to back up (not drain completely out of the kidney). Hydronephrosis is what causes the pain. An ultrasound of the kidney would diagnose that. I'm not a doctor; these are just my thoughts. Please call your doc. Keep us posted.

I just had my third laser surgery in 3 months. :ack2: