Menu

What one book would you recommend about homeschooling hs?

My ds (currently) 6th grade has started expressing interest in homeschooling for hs. That may change but it looks like we are headed in the direction of homeschooling all the way until graduation.

While I always kept it out there as an option I really thought we would do public school for high school so I haven't given it much thought. I'm a planner, though, and would like to start investigating all that homeschooling high school will entail. We will definitely by exploring different options for outsourcing/ correspondence, etc.

I'd like to tag a book onto my Rainbow Resource order about homeschooling high school but am not sure which to choose.

Opinions?

Thanks,

Marie

A helpful starting point for me (which I've referred to all through high school) was: Homeschooling High School: Planning Ahead for College Admission by Jeanne Gowan Dennis.

If I had to limit myself to one book, this would be the one. (It is written from a Christian perspective, but I recommend it to all.) It makes the entire process of homeschooling through high school with the intent of moving on to college seem doable.

I would recommend that you read multiple resources. See what books your library has and borrow others through inter-library loan. Read here (and look back through the past few month's posts) and ask questions.

Regards,

Kareni

A helpful starting point for me (which I've referred to all through high school) was: Homeschooling High School: Planning Ahead for College Admission by Jeanne Gowan Dennis. I believe I got it from Rainbow Resource, too.

I also agree that this would be the best choice if limited to one, but I ALSO heartily agree with reading from several sources.