Menu

How does Earth & Space science look on a high school transcript?....

We would be completing Earth & Space, Biology, chemistry, and we may or may not do Physics. This is for dd, who is probably not going to go into a field requiring science. But if she was to change her mind by the time we get to 12th grade we could do physics. How would this look on her transcript? Just need some opinions.

Thanks

Guest Katia

I would say it will be fine. My dd was accepted into all the colleges she applied to (music major) and her 9th grade science was listed on her transcript as Earth & Physical Science. She didn't study science this year in 12th grade, so only had Biology for 10th, with one semester of Anatomy & Physiology and one semester of Intro to Chemistry in 11th. As you can tell, she is NOT a sciency-type of girl at all.

But, all the colleges were very satisfied with her academic portfolio (list of books/texts used and description of courses). I think I would use the above idea of making each a one semester course titled Earth Science and Astronomy. It just sounds....more educationese :001_smile: