Menu

Hewitt syllabus for History of Us (Hakim) -- what's it like?

TrixieB

I think we are going to use Hakim's History of Us for middle school, concurrently with studying world history. Now I'm looking for study guides, and wondering about Hewitt's History of Us syllabus. I can't find samples of it anywhere, and am wondering what it's like.

I'd like to hear your experiences with it. Or if you can recommend another study guide, that would be great too.

Well, Hewitt's syllabus isn't a study guide. It's more like a schedule with project ideas, and I think tests, but I can't remember.

If your looking for study guides, Oxford makes them for both elementary and high school students. Those include teaching notes, questions, project ideas, and I think mapping. Oxford also makes blackline masters for the series which are basically worksheets, but not just fill in the blank. Some of the questions really make you think. Also, most of them have some kind of essay or writing topic/question, but there isn't a worksheet for each chapter and some chapters have 2:confused:

Thanks for your reply. It sounds like the Hewitt syllabus isn't what I'm looking for. I'm not sure about the Oxford guides either; it appears that there is one volume per History of Us volume, and I'm looking for an all-encompassing study guide of some sort, complete in one volume.