Menu

Looking for feedback from those who are using Teaching Textbook Pre-cal

Guest KaciMI

Only those who are using the Pre-Calculus. How is your child doing with the program, etc. I understand the various arguments but want feedback before I consider purchasing the PC. We've used TT since 7th grade and are happy with TT. K

We're using it - textbook only - without any problem at all. I used it with my oldest son last year (11th grade) and my middle son this year (10th grade).

I do supplement a little bit more with matrices and the graphing calculator as I feel it's important to know how to solve them with the calculator and inverses as well as by hand with row manipulation (which the book teaches).

My oldest scored in the top 3% nationally on the SAT/ACT math. We also used Barron's Prep books for the tests. He's moved into Chalkdust's Calculus this year without issues.

I'm satisfied.

Used it for ds a few years ago. The CDs weren't finished yet, and they were very available for phone help. I think what did it in for us was the spiral approach. You learn the task one day, and it keeps coming back in later days somewhat reinvented. DS had trouble with that.

My dd is using it right now. She is a little over half way through it. Previously, she was using Life of Fred Trig and really liked that as well, but it was getting more and more difficult for her to try and figure things out on her own with only an answer. Nothing in the LOF key is worked out and she needed to see the how.

So, we switched over to TT and she is very relieved that now she can have someone explain it all to her. She also said TT does a lot more with graphing than LOF and that the work/problems are not any less difficult, in her opinion, in TT than in LOF.

• 2 weeks later...