Menu

I see that some have worked their way up to Nurse Bee, and I'm wondering....

Not until you make queen, I suppose, lol. I'd wondered the same thing. But I'm still in the larval stage because I'm only allowing myself so much time on the boards each day. Plus I don't comment on everything I read, particularly if I either have nothing to add or if anything I could say has already been said. But this is more of a chatty post, so I don't have to add much, lol.

I'm not trying. It's fun just posting and enjoying the fellowship. I'll let others work hard to get a different classification, and I'll just enjoy the ride. Have fun girls!

:) There are 14 ranks. Queen Bee is on there, but it isn't the top.

You get to find out the rest as we go.

(Giggling quietly at home. Bear with me. I don't get to be silly all that often.)

File this post under "Ways to torture semi-obsessive-compulsive WTM-ers"

I suddenly have an intense desire to watch "The Secret Life of Bees".

BTW, I don't like the idea that people become Queens (or whatever follows that!) just by posting 47 million times. I wish there were some way to recognize the real queens on the board who post infrequently but with great wisdom and insight. I know we can give reputation, but if someone posts once every couple of months and every person who reads that particular thread gives her some rep, she still won't have much. Maybe the "powers that be" (that would be you, right?) can accept nominations for some other underlord-type bees that the board members value highly?

Don't think I'm a whiner! I love that you provide this for us. I just wish the right people would get acknowledgement. Maybe I just need to work within the system and be content.

It will be interesting to see what some of the other levels are. I found this list about bees.

Contents

* 1 Progression of tasks

o 1.1 Cell cleaning (Day 1-2)

o 1.2 Nurse bee (Day 3-11)

o 1.3 Wax production (Day 12-17)

* 2 Worker activities

o 2.1 Honey sealing

o 2.2 Drone feeding

o 2.3 Queen attendants

o 2.4 Egg moving

o 2.5 Honeycomb building

o 2.6 Pollen packing

o 2.7 Propolizing

o 2.8 Mortuary bees

o 2.9 Fanning bees

o 2.10 Guard Bees (Days 18 - 21)

o 2.11 Water carriers

o 2.12 Foraging bees (Days 22 - 42)

Aaaaaahhhhh....The Overmind...........

Now we know............

(I don't know if it's the new forum or what, but compared to the old boards, I'm positively chatty. I think I didn't post this months in 6 months of the old boards. Is there something subliminal going on here? Or have I just been absorbed by the hive mind?)