Menu

Quick update

Hello everyone,

First, thank you all for your prayers following Heather C's post about her and my current challenges. I am certain that I would not be recovering as well as I am without them.

I am now home, as Heather indicated I would be, and doing wheelies in my wheelchair :) There's still quite a bit of pain/ discomfort and I can't do much, but it beats spinning my wheels in a hospital room. I am so grateful to be home again with my boys who have held the fort well while I was away. Our church has been wonderful, providing rides for the boys wherever they needed to go and frequent meals --truly the body of Christ in action.

It is now 3 weeks since the accident and the doctors say it will be another 3 before I can put full weight through my collarbone/ shoulder, at which point I will be able to graduate to crutches. I'll then begin more intensive physio for my left leg; it will likely be yet another 6 weeks from then before I can apply full weight there. I am so thankful that nothing more serious happened than these fractures--no organ damage, no internal bleeding, no surgery needed, no brain damage, etc ( I did worry the first few days when I couldn't wrap my mind around anything more complex than People magazine, but I have since been able to use such words as "cogitate" successfully, so I do seem to be functioning pretty much at par). God has been good and his strength is being made manifest in my weakness.

Thank you all again. God bless.

So glad to hear you are home Stacey! It was quite a shock to read that you'd had such a bad accident; I'm relieved to hear you've *only* (ha) broken bones. It is no small thing that you didn't have organ or brain damage. I will keep praying for your recovery. As a "retired" PT and as one who recently went through surgery and recovery on just ONE broken bone I can appreciate the recovery that is still ahead of you. Will pray.

Stacey, I was also glad to hear that your boys have managed without your presence. They have likely discovered new coping abilities they didn't know they had. I'm also glad to hear that your church family has surrounded you with tangible support....it is wonderful to know that people care in very real ways. Hope your recovery is speedy.

Blessings,

Heather

How wonderful that you will be able to be home for Easter. I know you probably won't be up to making it to church, but it will be great for the boys to have you home!

We will keep praying for your steady recovery here. I bet you are pretty proud of how well your guys did while you were in the hospital. They are really great kids!

:grouphug:

Guest Katia

Stacey, I'm glad you're back home and back on the boards. You have such a positive attitude! I know it must be really rough. Those are a lot of injuries, girl! Slow down and take care of yourself. Let you body heal. We'll keep praying for you here.

Have a Blessed Easter:grouphug:

(((Stacey))) It's SO good to hear from you! I've been praying for you, dear!

I am glad that you are home again with your boys, as I know you are, too.

G-d is so good. He has brought you through so much, and He is faithful to continue to bring you through this.

Hope you have a blessed Easter. :001_smile: