Menu

Does anyone else not like to wear shoes?

I'd go barefoot in public if it were socially acceptable. :D

I guess it's the redneck in my genes.

::sittin' barefoot on the redneck bench next to Crissy::

I've gone to church a few times w/o shoes --I literally forgot to put them on. i usually grab them and put them on in the van......

I hate shoes!!! I wear sandals as soon as it's possible here in Indy and have been known to wear socks with my sandals in an effort to keep my feet from freezing. In the house, I'm barefoot as much as possible. (Not in the winter though...our almost 100 yr old house is rather drafty.) Shoes are evil...very, very evil. And that's the expensive leather ones. We won't talk about cheapies.

(I also have a blistering disorder that affects my feet. If they get too hot, they blister. If I walk too far, they blister. If I have new shoes [or sandals], they blister. The last time I went to a theme park, it was a 15 blister day and I spent a month healing up.)

I hate wearing shoes. I usually go barefoot inside, but in the winter it is too drafty - I run around in slipper socks, usually. Certainly not shoes.

I put on slippers to go down to the mailbox or something. In the summer, I do that barefoot too.

The shoes thing is one reason I quit FlyLady. I hear she isn't quite as militant about that as she used to be, but I swore if I read one more condescending post about how I'll never have a clean house if I don't put on my shoes... well, I quit.

Debra

Mom to five, ages 1-10

As a kid, I was always taking off my shoes in the car. (still do!) Now my older daughter does it. She leaves her shoes in there and wears another pair the next time we leave the house. (We park in the garage--it's freezing here!) When she can't find any shoes, it's time to get them all out of the van. Her baby sister will only wear Robeez. I tried to put tennis shoes on her the other day since the weather's so bad. She had a huge fit--she looked like she was in agony. Poor thing...like mother, like daughter, like daughter, I guess.

Barefoot here, except when it's cold--then socks in the house.

We lived in FL when ds was little--there was a period of time when he'd cry, every time I put shoes on, because he figured out that meant I was leaving the house! lol

I suffered from plantar fascitis for a long time when we moved here to VA--the wood floors were hard on my feet, but now I'm used to them.

Did your mom tell you to get socks on your feet because "you're making my feet cold!" when you went barefoot? lol

I loathe wearing shoes. Before I was old enough to get a summer job I would get my feet so tough I could walk a couple of miles on dirt roads with bare feet. That's probably disgusting to younger, city bred folk, lol. But since my arches have collapsed have to have arch support or my feet and back ache by the end of the day. I compromise and wear comfortable sandals. In colder weather I try to remember to change into boots or shoes as I look rather too eccentric for this clothing conservative area when I forget and go out wearing wool socks in in my Keen Newports. At least the toe is covered by the sandal, though.

I will say that I never ever wear anything with a pointy toe anymore, although I did when I was a fashionista back in my 20s. I was tall enough and had long enough feet to wear very high heels and knew how to walk in them. I regret doing this now, but I will say I was barefoot at home even back then. IN

Barefoot here, except when it's cold--then socks in the house. My dh can't stand it. He's always telling me to put shoes on. :D I always say my feet can't breath.lol :D

The shoes thing is one reason I quit FlyLady. I hear she isn't quite as militant about that as she used to be, but I swore if I read one more condescending post about how I'll never have a clean house if I don't put on my shoes... well, I quit.

That was the reason I quit FlyLady. I sill do some of it on my own, but the thing about the shoes just got to me. :p

Barefoot. What exactly are shoes?? Oh, yeah, those uncomfortable things you have to put on your feet in public places.

I wear socks around the house in these sub-zero temperatures that we currently have, but otherwise I can't stand anything on my feet.

In the spring/summer/fall, i wear flip-flops, and only wear tennis shoes or boots when the weather forces me to.

Barefoot-ers of the world, unite!

I think I'm getting old. I used to go barefoot all the time. To the point of inappropriateness, as my father would surely tell you. But now, I find myself putting on my shoes most days...I don't like to be cold! Now, in the summer! I still go barefoot all summer.

Yep, I hate 'em. I have tile floors though so in the winter, I have on at least socks. About the only shoes I buy are easy slip-ons. I just cannot stand to have tight, pinchy shoes. My best friend thinks I have major fashion issues. She is convinced that they way the shoe looks is far more important than how it feels. :eek:

How do you know it's time to vacuum if you have shoes on, LOL??? ;)

Exactly! When we were remodeling, I stepped on a piece of glass. Ouch! My husband said it was time for me to put on a pair of shoes. I told him it was simply time to sweep the floor!:D

but my feet hurt if I don't:( I just put up with it, though, 'cuz my Outer Banks of North Carolina roots just keep my feet wanting to be bare.

Even with really comfortable shoes, by the end of the day my feet are just screaming.

And that's probably one of the reasons I enjoy doing hula so much...we dance barefooted :-)

I have taught myself to wear slippers (or socks) around the house, because it keeps my feet from being all calloused and nasty looking...vanity and all that, lol.

because of severe foot problems over the past 8 years, I not only have to wear shoes all the time, but my podiatrist told me this week, they must be sneakers, with my double pair of orthotics in them.

very frustrating for a girl raised barefoot on the beach/boardwalk