Menu

Tonight (Friday) on PBS-Greg Mortenson author of 3 Cups of Tea...

USA Today had a full page ad - and, now we don't normally read USA Today :glare:, it is complimentary at the hotel.......

Greg Mortenson, author of THREE CUPS OF TEA and STONES INTO SCHOOLS, will be a guest on Bill Moyers Journal on PBS, Friday, January 15th at 9PM. Mortenson and Moyers discuss the state of girls' education in Afghanistan and Pakistan, US troop deployment there, the Taliban and more. Check local listings: www.PBS.ORG/Moyers

Mariann

O/T... Btw... How is your house repair coming? Do you know when you will get to move back in? I don't know how you do it... I think living in a hotel would drive me batty.

Some might argue that has already happened to me! :willy_nilly:

We were scheduled to move back in next Tuesday, but the work is barely 50% complete so clearly that is not going to happen. My latest guestimate was February 1, but that may even be ambitious. It seems that I have to check on progress (or lack thereof) every single day and if something has NOT been done according to the WORK SCOPE and I have to call that to the contractor's attention, everything comes to a screeching halt for at least a week. On Sunday we checked and found they had only left a 30" opening for the range and it was supposed to be 36". I met the cabinet guy there on Monday at 10am, he moved the cabinets while I watched.....no one has been back since to do a thing. That's what I'm talking about.

It's been a challenge to say the least, but I know there is a lesson in this for our family, and I do think there has been positive growth while we have been here.

You are so kind to ask -- thanks!

Mariann

Edited by MariannNOVA