Menu

Does anyone have a list of bible verses to go with character building/virtues?

j_thurm

• 1 year later...

SOW Spiritual vs Carnal chart

http://www.sowcurriculum.com/sow/newpage3.htm

I use this so much, I wear my copies out and have to keep printing out new ones. This chart is referenced in many of the SOW lessons, and I add it in to almost every piece of writing and lesson I do.

The list looks too short, but it's not. These traits are the root traits and when I struggle to apply one, and then am finally able to pick one, it is such an eye opening experience. It cuts right to the heart of the matter and doesn't gloss over it.

Years ago I used Ben Franklin's 13 virtues, but the SOW chart is better.

Edited by Hunter

• 2 months later...

Thanks! I went to your site and it looks great!! I would love to be able to take a look at the back of the teacher cards for longer but the preview only stays up for a really short time. Is there a way I can print one of the cards off so I can look at it more closely? Thanks!

Here is a free list of scriptures from the New International Readers version. Great for little ones!

http://www.wechoosevirtues.com/shop/kids-list-of-scripture-verses

Thanks! I went to your site and it looks great!! I would love to be able to take a look at the back of the teacher cards for longer but the preview only stays up for a really short time. Is there a way I can print one of the cards off so I can look at it more closely? Thanks!

If you mouse over the arrow (go) it will show pause. You click and it will pause it on the page so you can see the sample. Personally I didn't think it added enough to be worth almost $70.

I had lots of posts about this fabulous program but the mods deleted them all accusing me being the owner or making profit...which I'm not and didn't. ;) they went so far as to ban me! I'm finally back and you can see now, there's me, a fan and user of We Choose Virtues, and now the author and owner is here. Just clarifying that so they dint stick me again. ;) anyway, read my blog post about it at http://www.thomasschooldays.blogspot.com. I am NOW an affiliate (like lots of us are affiliates through amazon, or other favorite homeschool materials) and get a small kick back if you purchase through my link. If you love it and become an affiliate as well, please do so through my link :)

There are now teacher cards made for families and half the price of the classroom version. I have the classroom version and they're wonderful! There's also smaller posters now that have a smaller price tag as well than the classroom sized. I wish you could see the original post...SO many moms posted about them and how they loved them! My blog will give you an idea though.

Edited by hmschooling

Thanks for your help!! So, the teacher cards look nice with the story but the family cards have the games. What would you suggest I purchase and are the coupon codes still good? Thanks!

I had lots of posts about this fabulous program but the mods deleted them all accusing me being the owner or making profit...which I'm not and didn't. ;) they went so far as to ban me! I'm finally back and you can see now, there's me, a fan and user of We Choose Virtues, and now the author and owner is here. Just clarifying that so they dint stick me again. ;) anyway, read my blog post about it at www.thomasschooldays.blogspot.com. I am NOW an affiliate (like lots of us are affiliates through amazon, or other favorite homeschool materials) and get a small kick back if you purchase through my link. If you love it and become an affiliate as well, please do so through my link :)

There are now teacher cards made for families and half the price of the classroom version. I have the classroom version and they're wonderful! There's also smaller posters now that have a smaller price tag as well than the classroom sized. I wish you could see the original post...SO many moms posted about them and how they loved them! My blog will give you an idea though.

Thanks for your help!! So, the teacher cards look nice with the story but the family cards have the games. What would you suggest I purchase and are the coupon codes still good? Thanks!

I'm glad i was helpful!!

The flashcards have games as well and I haven't gotten the family teacher cards in my hands yet, but I think they are super similar to the classroom version except smaller and the games are more family appropriate instead of classroom oriented. The bak to school sale is still on. I thunk she has that going seceral more days. It's 25% off!! If you order after that, you can go through my link and use VIRTUE15 to save 15%. http://www.wechoosevirtues.com/?ap_id=Hmschooling

I'm glad i was helpful!!

The flashcards have games as well and I haven't gotten the family teacher cards in my hands yet, but I think they are super similar to the classroom version except smaller and the games are more family appropriate instead of classroom oriented. The bak to school sale is still on. I thunk she has that going seceral more days. It's 25% off!! If you order after that, you can go through my link and use VIRTUE15 to save 15%. http://www.wechoosevirtues.com/?ap_id=Hmschooling

So glad you posted this! I hadn't seen these new family cards, love that they are faith-based. So glad there is a discount code, I think the products are pricey but worth it. I've ordered a few things and appreciate the high quality, and I'll be able to use these with all my kids.

So glad you posted this! I hadn't seen these new family cards, love that they are faith-based. So glad there is a discount code, I think the products are pricey but worth it. I've ordered a few things and appreciate the high quality, and I'll be able to use these with all my kids.

She just released those! She has plans for more items in the future that will fit families and homeschoolers. I love the smaller sized options that fit well in my home classroom without painting the whole wall with it...LOL. I'm going to be ordering some more soon myself!

I'll be adding my to my blog about them (and other school stuff too!) http://www.thomasschooldays.blogspot.com