Menu

Lial BCM

Ever so slight format change, big cover picture change--98.5 % the same inside.

Make sure the one you get does not have writing inside as this text is ofen used as a workbook.

Thank you, I will make sure no writing. Another question: my son really struggles with math do I need the DVTs?

Just work through the examples AND the side-bar practice problems then assign 20 or so problems from the odds. You will also be able to break down the lessons according to examples. Read through example 1, work the sidebar problems to check understanding--if all is OK then assign the odd problems that go WITH THAT EXAMPLE. If math time remains for the day start again with the next example. Most students can get through one lesson in 2 days this way... for a struggling student some lessons may take 3 days.

Make sure to assign ALL of the chapter review problems---this is the BEST way to make sure material has been retained--if not then go back BEFORE you test. Allow 2-3 days for the chapter review.

The majority of problems in this text are 1-2 step so a solutions manual is not much help.

I'd wait on ordering the DVTs until you know how things are going.

Edited by Jann in TX

Just work through the examples AND the side-bar practice problems then assign 20 or so problems from the odds. You will also be able to break down the lessons according to examples. Read through example 1, work the sidebar problems to check understanding--if all is OK then assign the odd problems that go WITH THAT EXAMPLE. If math time remains for the day start again with the next example. Most students can get through one lesson in 2 days this way... for a struggling student some lessons may take 3 days.

Make sure to assign ALL of the chapter review problems---this is the BEST way to make sure material has been retained--if not then go back BEFORE you test. Allow 2-3 days for the chapter review.

The majority of problems in this text are 1-2 step so a solutions manual is not much help.

I'd wait on ordering the DVTs until you know how things are going.

Thank you Jann! We recently started BCM and this is exactly what I need to know.

DS is struggling with fraction word problems. He is not sure when to multiply or divide. Any hints?

Sorry to hijack the thread. Thanks for starting it. We're using the 5th edition. Hope that's okay...