Menu

What would you use for a middle name for Beau?

:D Let's see....

1. Beau Robert -- "handsome bright fame"
  2. Beau Richard -- "handsome strong power"
  3. Beau Andrew -- "handsome man/warrior"
  4. Beau Porter -- "handsome one who carries"

And my husband's contributions.... (be ready):

1. Beau Tye
  2. Beau Tox
  3. Beau Jangles and last but not least,
  4. Beau Ling

Sorry, I asked him, and that's what he said. I live with it daily. You just get the faintest wisps of his wit. :glare:

Depends on the family name. If you have a short last name, you'll need a longer middle name, Beau Hamilton Jones, Beau Jonathon Smith, kind of rhythm. If your last name is long, you can either go for the shortest names Beau Luke Jefferson-Clarke, or go for short-medium-long Beau Richard Davenport. I like to avoid alliteration Beau Bastian Barnaby. Or potential rhyming Beau Joseph. And of course check for undesirable initials if that is a concern. Otherwise, really a matter of taste. My personal favorite would be Beau David.

How many syllables does your last name have? That does matter IMO.

I'm just going by what sounds good to my ear, not looking up any meanings:

Beau Adam

Beau Riley

Beau Lorin

Beau Bailey

Beau Michael

Beau Kenyon

Beau Evans

Beau Carlton

Beau William

Beau Timothy

Beau Hayden

Beau Bryson

I think for flow, it needs to have 3 syllables or more.

Beau Christopher

Beau Benjamin

Beau Gregory

Beau Alexander

Beau Donovan

Just my thoughts...

edited to add....

Beau Sullivan

Beau Augustus

Beau Remington

Beau Broderick

Beau Callahan

Beau Donovan

Beau Zachary

Beau Theodore

Beau Garrison

Beau Jefferson

Beau Malachi

Beau Phinneas

Edited by 3littlekeets

:D Let's see....

1. Beau Tye

2. Beau Tox

3. Beau Jangles and last but not least,

4. Beau Ling

Sorry, I asked him, and that's what he said. I live with it daily. You just get the faintest wisps of his wit. :glare:

Well, my husband is laughing hysterically.

How bout "Beau" as the middle name? Could be "short" for something... but I couldn't find anything that would really sound good. Could be short for Boden. Like "Bowden" or.... Beauden. pronounced "boe den"

Kinda like Broden Beauden. I like it with a "y" but wonder if that makes it look like you're trying to make it look feminine...

Boeden.... Boedin... Beaudan Kinda like it:-)

Hmm:-)

Carrie

Maybe it is just me and I'm oversensitive, but if I would have asked for MIDDLE name suggestions and gotten as many jokes and critiques as she got here, I'd be really sad and embarrassed. I'm not sure we behaved appropriately -- unless many of you know this poster very well and have that kind of relationship with her, kwim? If I'm out of line, I"m sorry. I have a son with an "old man" name and before he was born, everyone said, "gosh, that's an odd choice" --- or MUCH worse. Know, everyone knows him (he's 7) and he couldn't be anything else!

Maybe it is just me and I'm oversensitive, but if I would have asked for MIDDLE name suggestions and gotten as many jokes and critiques as she got here, I'd be really sad and embarrassed. I'm not sure we behaved appropriately -- unless many of you know this poster very well and have that kind of relationship with her, kwim? If I'm out of line, I"m sorry. I have a son with an "old man" name and before he was born, everyone said, "gosh, that's an odd choice" --- or MUCH worse. Know, everyone knows him (he's 7) and he couldn't be anything else!

So I shouldn't suggest Beau Brummel?:lol:

Sorry, but I expect people to post funny things to serious questions sometimes. There are just too many quick-witted individuals on this forum.

I think for flow, it needs to have 3 syllables or more.

Beau Christopher

Beau Benjamin

Beau Gregory

Beau Alexander

Beau Donovan

Just my thoughts...

edited to add....

Beau Sullivan

Beau Augustus

Beau Remington

Beau Broderick

Beau Callahan

Beau Donovan

Beau Zachary

Beau Theodore

Beau Garrison

Beau Jefferson

Beau Malachi

Beau Phinneas

Yep. Like the middle names with 3 syllables. Beau Jefferson was my first thought.

I hope the OP didn't take it that way. :( I don't think it's an odd choice at all! My dd has a boy's name, so I'm certainly not going to judge "Beau." :D

Rereading some of the replies makes me want to add, I would consider how you want his name to feel. Do you want a more modern/southern feel, or do you want to make it sound more formal? I think the middle name would push it in whichever direction you choose.

• 2 weeks later...

I imagine she has already named him...I was hoping for an update on what she decided:tongue_smilie:. I really hope that she didn't get put-off by the joking around in this thread. I don't think she has posted since this thread began a couple of weeks ago:confused:.

Edited to add: I see she has been back on the boards in the last couple days. MommyInTraining- are you out there?

Edited by MotherMayI

I really hope that she didn't get put-off by the joking around in this thread. I don't think she has posted since this thread began a couple of weeks ago:confused:.

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for checking in on us! We are doing great and, yes, we did finally come up with a name! I don't like to use my children's names on the internet though ;), so I won't be posting what we decided on.

As for some of the comments on this thread, I am enough of a veteran around here to know that I need to wear my thick skin when coming into the "hive". Have to watch out for those stings, ya know?

Thanks again for checking on us :001_smile:!

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for checking in on us! We are doing great and, yes, we did finally come up with a name!

Glad to see you...I figured you had come up with a name by now-I'm relieved that the you weren't put-off by the joking around. Thank you for the update and enjoy your baby time!