Menu

Can you eat tooo much Activia?

Dh was having problems going so he decided to go on an Activia , Plumsmart and prune binge w/o me knowing.

Now he is having severe cramps. He just told me he ate 4 Activia, Plumsmart and polished off I dont know how many prunes w/in two days. Now he is in severe pain.

What can I do, but to tell him to drink water and lay down and relax????

Warm Bath

Pepto Bismal

And...yes...you can eat too much Activa, but the gas pain is most likely form the prunes. Gas pains are no fun. When my DD used to get these, sometimes going for a walk would help..um...get things moving and get that gas passing. Sometimes a hot water bottle on the tummy would help things relax.

I don't know about too much Activia causing pain, but I read (here on the WTM boards, actually ;)) that a lot of people have experienced severe pain by just eating a small amount of Activia. I just happened upon the thread one day and read it. I posted about how my family has been eating Activia each day for a long time with no side effects. It was about a week later that it occurred to me that the Activia could be the cause of my baby's (very mild) tummy upsets immediately prior to a BM and subsequent diaper rash. I stopped feeding Activia and baby was immediately cured of the rash. I never would've made the connection had it not been for these boards. :D

I told him last nite to sit in the tub, men are sooo stubborn. You are right about the walking, I am going to tell him to walk outside for a lil bit.

:lol: If he didn't want to sit in the tub and relax, I wonder how he'll feel about going out for a night walk. ;):001_huh::lol: GL! Hope he feels better soon!

:lol: If he didn't want to sit in the tub and relax, I wonder how he'll feel about going out for a night walk. ;):001_huh::lol: GL! Hope he feels better soon!

jANE,

you always crack me up. Thanks for the laugh out loud. I needed that. You know just for his own stupidity I will send him out in 30 degree weather. JK>

It is possible you are dealing with yeast die-off. Basically the excess yeast is being killed but is releasing toxins to the body. The worse the yeast in the body the worse effects of die-off.

http://www.candida-cure-recipes.com/candida-die-off.html

Here is one link but there are others if you look around.

If this is the case, what can he do other than wait or tough it out.

If this is the case, what can he do other than wait or tough it out.

If that's what it is, just wait it out. Die-off means that the probiotic is killing off the yeast, which is what you want, but that it is happening too quickly.

Sorry your dh is dealing with this as it can be very uncomfortable.

I have dealt with issues with die-off and it isn't fun. I've learned how to manage my probiotic intake so that I reduce the yeast levels without killing them too quickly but that has been a long time of experimenting.

Hope he feels better soon.

If that's what it is, just wait it out. Die-off means that the probiotic is killing off the yeast, which is what you want, but that it is happening too quickly.

Sorry your dh is dealing with this as it can be very uncomfortable.

I have dealt with issues with die-off and it isn't fun. I've learned how to manage my probiotic intake so that I reduce the yeast levels without killing them too quickly but that has been a long time of experimenting.

Hope he feels better soon.

Thanks Janice, I thought time would be the only healer in this case. The digestive system is a tricky system.