Menu

Astronomy & Earth Science ~ Help & Advice Please

We have finally decided that we are going to start Science with a Astronomy & Earth Science course :) We will be using a secularprogram and AiG plus all sorts of supplemental goodies. However, I am not sure about a purchasing a telescope. Would love to hear what you are doing about real life experiences with space...

While searching we noticed http://www.slooh.com SLOOH is a live-cam highpowered telescope and interactive space study for kids and adults. In case you are interested ($25.99 @ Science Channel for one-year membership which is 50% special). Has anyone used this - reviews seem good though I would prefer more current and notable feedback. :bigear:

Then again, we continued to search and saw another live broadcast http://www.spacevidcast.com though not quite the same experience.

Thank you for your time ~ as I learned last night when I purchased an e-book "I certainly missed something" and know I could have spent our funds better elsewhere... :001_huh:

Edited by Aimee2728

However, I am not sure about a purchasing a telescope. Would love to hear what you are doing about real life experiences with space...

I recommend you study your books and materials, learn the constellations, do a little binocular astronomy, and visit an astronomy group where you can look through telescopes and be shown the night sky. If the family (or a member of the family) falls in love with astronomy, then go ahead and consider buying a telescope.

If you have more Q's ask. I love the night sky! When my dd was in 3rd grade, we did an astronomy unit. I fell in love. My dd is now getting ready to graduate from college, and I'm the president of an astronomy club. You never know where this will lead :).

Jean