Menu

Did you ever watch "How it's Made"?

It's a tv show on discovery channel - they take mini-tours of different factories that build or make specific things, going to about 3 or 4 different places in each show - we've watched canoes being built, candy being made, etc. . .

Today it was about hot dogs. . . Now, I've been known to eat the occasional hot dog (I must admit, I love corn dogs), and dd loves cold hot dogs straight from the fridge (my fil got her started on that!). But today. . . I swear on my life that I will never eat another hot dog again! Ewwww... that had to be the most disgusting thing to watch! Oh, gross, gross, I can't get it out of my head!

So, if you like to be grossed out or would like to find something to make you hate hot dogs for the rest of your life - watch "How it's made" today.

This is my public service announcement for the day :p

We made jokes about the toothpick factory.

They started with a shot of a whole tree trunk going up a conveyor belt and my DH joked, "And then they whittle that down to a single toothpick."

We watch all we can find. My favorite is the one about making pots and pans. That metal lathe is so cool. I'm not too fond of the new narator though. I like the old guy better.