Menu

Vita Mix Blender...fav. recipes?

I got the best gift I've received in a number of years...a Vita Mix blender. I have their recipe book, but I was wondering if some users from here had some good simple recipies. I would also love some suggestions on how to find out what foods are the best to use. Anyone know of a book that lists the benefits of fruits and veggies so I would know what combo to use...and the right ingredients for picky eaters? I don't like bananas and I think most recipes include them, but I'm assuming everything will taste okay if I leave them out. I also can't afford organic produce, I'm living on an Aldi budget:001_smile:

Thank you for any suggestions you can offer, I'm so excited to start using this thing.

Alison

We buy the big bags of mixed fruit from Sam's Club (I think it's peaches, strawberry, mango and pineapple, we often add frozen blueberries for their antioxidants).....add a small amount of 100% juice (or water when we're out of juice) and blend into a smoothie. I'd say that was probably the most often used recipe we have! We've made soup quite a few times as well....works for small batches obviously, but when you're not feeling well and want soup it's a godsend as I refuse to buy canned soup because of the sodium content among other reasons. For that you just throw in whatever veggies you have on hand a little broth or water and whir-away until it's hot then drink.