Menu

Recipe containing cherry pie filling and Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk. . .

My aunt used to make a desert that I loved as a child. I asked her once what it was and she told me it contained cherry pie filling and Eagle milk. It wasn't fancy, no crust or anything, just this wonderful pudding-like concoction in a big bowl. I don't know if there was anything else in it or not. I bought the two ingredients, and I'm thinking of just mixing them together to see what happens. But, I'd rather have the real recipe, if I can find it.

Does anyone remember a recipe like this? It would have been around in the early 70s (possibly earlier). Or, are there any websites that have old recipes cataloged by ingredient, that I might be able to search?

Thanks.

I don't remember this, but I did find a recipe that might be the one you are looking for.

http://www.eaglebrand.com/recipes/details/?RecipeId=4081&category=-1

This is the list of all the recipes with cherry in them.

http://www.eaglebrand.com/recipes/search/Results.aspx?Keyword=cherry&CourseIDs=&OcIDs=

I hope you find what you are looking for.

I don't remember this, but I did find a recipe that might be the one you are looking for.

http://www.eaglebrand.com/recipes/details/?RecipeId=4081&category=-1

I think this may be it! I don't remember the marshmallows, but I vaguely remember pineapple. It's definitely worth trying! I have everything except the whipped topping. Hmmmm. Maybe I can pick that up tomorrow.

As I was typing my post, I was thinking, "I should just go to the Eagle Brand website, and see if they have recipes." Then, I got distracted by the twins-coming-home-with-bad-language thread, and you beat me to it! Thank you so much!

My dear aunt, who used to make this at Christmas time, has advanced dementia. That's why I couldn't ask her. I wonder, if I made some for her, if she would remember it?

I think this may be it! I don't remember the marshmallows, but I vaguely remember pineapple. It's definitely worth trying! I have everything except the whipped topping. Hmmmm. Maybe I can pick that up tomorrow.

As I was typing my post, I was thinking, "I should just go to the Eagle Brand website, and see if they have recipes." Then, I got distracted by the twins-coming-home-with-bad-language thread, and you beat me to it! Thank you so much!

My dear aunt, who used to make this at Christmas time, has advanced dementia. That's why I couldn't ask her. I wonder, if I made some for her, if she would remember it?

My grandmother made this for Thanksgiving. She doesn't use the marshmallows, and hers is a purple color from the cherries. I do remember it being more of a light pink color when I was younger, but she changed brands.

Cherry Whip Salad

1 can cherry pie filling

1 can Eagle Brand milk

1 med. can crushed pineapple, drained

1 lg. Cool Whip

chopped pecans, if desired

Mix all ingredients & refrigerate.

Can be served soft or spread in a rectangular dish, frozen, and cut into squares.

Serves 10-12.

This sounds like the right one. Thank you so much for posting!

Cherry Whip Salad

1 can cherry pie filling

1 can Eagle Brand milk

1 med. can crushed pineapple, drained

1 lg. Cool Whip

chopped pecans, if desired

Mix all ingredients & refrigerate.

Can be served soft or spread in a rectangular dish, frozen, and cut into squares.

Serves 10-12.

This is the one I have. But I never had a name for it - thanks for a name to write on the top of the recipe!