Menu

ISO lesson plans for Apologia Exploring Creation with Zoology 3

Nakia

I have lesson plans that I got from a mom that wrote them for her 7th grader. I don't know what grade you are looking for. Also, they are not for 18 weeks-- that is a very short time for this book as it is the longest of the elementary series and jam packed full of information. My son and I did the others in one semester, but Zoo 3 took us all year.

I don't have plans- but I'm doing the same thing. We do science with a "WTM Spin". One Tuesday we read the chapter and on Thursday we do the experiment and write up the summary.We spend all afternoon in science both days. I think there are 14 Lessons so it should be about a semester of work for us. We school year round so if we decide to take 2 weeks for one lesson its no big deal to me.

I have lesson plans that I got from a mom that wrote them for her 7th grader. I don't know what grade you are looking for. Also, they are not for 18 weeks-- that is a very short time for this book as it is the longest of the elementary series and jam packed full of information. My son and I did the others in one semester, but Zoo 3 took us all year.

Thank you for responding. I looked through the table of contents, and it does look jam packed! My kids are still young. This will mostly be for the 4th grader. If we don't get done in one semester, that's ok too.

I don't have plans- but I'm doing the same thing. We do science with a "WTM Spin". One Tuesday we read the chapter and on Thursday we do the experiment and write up the summary.We spend all afternoon in science both days. I think there are 14 Lessons so it should be about a semester of work for us. We school year round so if we decide to take 2 weeks for one lesson its no big deal to me.

Thanks! I think we will try and if we don't get it done in one semester, we will just work on it through the summer a bit.

We are planning to do Apologia Exploring Creation with Zoology 3 for the 2nd half of the year, starting in January. I would like to find lesson plans for completing it in 18-20 weeks. Anybody got a link that might help? Thanks!

Have you checked the Apologia yahoo group? Not sure if they have any up for zoology 3- it's been a while since I've been on that group- but I know they've had various customer-made schedules for different books in the files.

My daughter just completed it in 14 weeks as scheduled by Heart of Dakota's CTC.

She read an average of 5 pages per day (4x a week).

Day 1 - Notebooking (She kept an animals track book, diagrammed animals, Venn Diagrams, etc)

Day 2 - Oral Narration

Day 3 - Question and answer format (5 questions per week, all answered in complete sentences. Covered vocab, comparing animals, etc.)

Day 4 - Experiment with lab sheet

She had no problem getting through it. She's 10yo and 5th grade. She did most of the Try This activities also. She really enjoyed the book.

I'm not by any means suggesting you need to clip through it that fast. Just explaining the pace that DD went through it.

Edited by Daisy