Menu

Belmont College in Nashville

tammi

My daughter has decided that Belmont will be her first choice. What are your feebacks on Belmont? How are Belmont students regarded in Nashville? What is the college like? We are conservative Christians but my daughter isn't necessarily looking for that type of college.

I have a friend who's son is going there currently and another friend that lived in Nashville and highly regards it. The reputation I know it for is it's music dept, which leans toward the music industry side of music, not classical music education. The college has an artsy feel to it according to the native Nashvillians.

I'm interested in hearing other's responses. I have a dd that might want to go there also.

My daughter has decided that Belmont will be her first choice. What are your feebacks on Belmont? How are Belmont students regarded in Nashville? What is the college like? We are conservative Christians but my daughter isn't necessarily looking for that type of college.

I live near Nashville. After a bad ACT experience at the local high school, Belmont is where my oldest ds and many of his friends took the ACT. All the people that I know who went there were music majors and they had good experiences. Also, FWIW, for an urban campus it is very attractive.

HTH-

Mandy

I never know if I should post on these threads. I do NOT have a college student...we are years away. However, when people ask about schools, and I have friends whose children are attending or have attended, I pipe in. So, take it as what it is: what my friend from church says her son has said.

He went there for music, and got a partial scholarship. He is coming back to our nearby state university at semester, though his mom (my friend) wishes he would stay for a full year, b/c she feels like he has not given it a chance. She says he says, "there are a bunch of rich kids who want to be in the music business but have no talent." He has not been satisfied with the educational level he has been receiving. Coming back home he will be switching out of a music degree, b/c what he was specifically seeking there (some sort of sound engineering) is not available at the local U. He has also decided to pursue music as only a hobby and will go into some other sort of engineering at our local university.