What's with the ads?

Photo

Strange red spot on my face - what could it be?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 LauraGB

LauraGB

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5675 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:17 PM

I have a red spot, about the size of a pea, but flat, about an inch below my eye and about an inch to the right of my nose. It looks like a small group of broken capillaries. Its been there for several months now. I have no idea what it is or how it got there...or how to get rid of it. Its not a clogged pore and I don't think its the result of a zit.

I had the exact same thing in the same location when I was a teen, but on the other side of my face. Then, after a few years, it just went away.

I don't suppose anyone knows what this is or has had something similar??

#2 ---

---

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5156 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:20 PM

I have a red spot, about the size of a pea, but flat, about an inch below my eye and about an inch to the right of my nose. It looks like a small group of broken capillaries. Its been there for several months now. I have no idea what it is or how it got there...or how to get rid of it. Its not a clogged pore and I don't think its the result of a zit.

I had the exact same thing in the same location when I was a teen, but on the other side of my face. Then, after a few years, it just went away.

I don't suppose anyone knows what this is or has had something similar??

Well, I got a dialated blood vessel on my forehead when I was pregnant with Moose. It's a small red dot, about the size of a pin head. Just came up out of nowhere. When I asked my ob/gyn about it, she said I shouldn't look so close in the mirror, because *no one else would see it but me. :D
I still have it. It's even smaller now, and I have no idea what caused it.

#3 Guest_RecumbentHeart_*

Guest_RecumbentHeart_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:31 PM

Well, I got a dialated blood vessel on my forehead when I was pregnant with Moose. It's a small red dot, about the size of a pin head. Just came up out of nowhere. When I asked my ob/gyn about it, she said I shouldn't look so close in the mirror, because *no one else would see it but me. :D
I still have it. It's even smaller now, and I have no idea what caused it.

slightly OT but I've heard the mysterious appearance of red dots is common with pregnancy. I've had a few show up myself, in fact, .. I can see 3 without looking far. :D

#4 Chris in VA

Chris in VA

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20819 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:33 PM

It could be rosacea.

#5 LauraGB

LauraGB

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5675 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:37 PM

It could be rosacea.

Even if my skin tone is pretty even (evenly pale!)? I don't really have any issues of redness anywhere else, except my upper chest - and I've got a few red spots like that there, too.

#6 Tree House Academy

Tree House Academy

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7888 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:41 PM

I have places like that on my skin. I notice them the most on my legs as i get older, but I do have some on my upper chest too. I am not sure what causes them, but I have seen them more as I age (and I am only 30).

#7 LauraGB

LauraGB

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5675 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:53 PM

I just read something really interesting, though. An article suggested chammomile and Vit C as natural remedies for broken capillaries on the face.

When I was about 19, I started using a moisturizer containing Vit C. Shortly thereafter, the red spot that plagued me for years magically disappeared. I just finally stopped using that same cream about a year ago in favor for something more age-defying. The red spot came back.

Guess I'll be heading off to find another Vit C cream!

#8 Sputterduck

Sputterduck

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3227 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:05 PM

Can we have a pic?

#9 LauraGB

LauraGB

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5675 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:11 PM

Can we have a pic?

lol! No, it gets covered with two layers of concealer and foundation first thing in the morning. It still shows through, but at least its not a great pink beacon in the sea of white that is my face. I guess it kind of looks like a gigantic, constantly emerging zit...only flat with no noticable bump at all.

What's with the ads?