Menu

Write@Home questions...

This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but it might help until someone else comes along.

My kids are taking the year-long comp courses.... dd is in the 7th grade comp and ds is in the 9th grade comp. I think the semester class you are asking about is going to be similar, but with fewer assignments, and, of course, a more advanced writing expectation.

The layout is such that the kids are given an assignment, and it's due the following week. When they upload it, they get the current assignment. There are two revisions; the last being the 'final graded paper'. Now that we are well into the year, I can completely see why people view it as a 'light' comp class. For us, the feedback is great, but sometimes odd in that the 'questions/idea provokers' aren't something my kids would include in the information, and the audience isn't completely clear until the paper has been returned with added questions. Overall, I'm content with the feedback, though. I also supplement their writing with other assignments, and have them use the feedback/ideas from W@H to help with other assignments.

Sorry if you already know this due to the essay classes. I don't know if they are run the same way or not, but I thought I'd toss it out there, and 'bump' at the same time. :D