Menu

What is Intro to Alg. by Lial's considered?

It covers the 'standard' high school Algebra 1 requirements that most states require. It was designed for an adult remedial course--the only difference being that it includes MORE teaching and examples--the content is high school level material. I really really like this text--and I LOVE teaching from it!

It really depends on the student AND who will be teaching/helping the student.

I'm using Jacobs 3e with my online classes this year. It works best with hands-on students as it uses more of a discovery approach.

For video lessons I like Chalkdust (for above average students)

For a solid course (no video and some parent help) I like the 1991/1992 Holt Geometry by Nichols. Easy to find used ( TE is called the ATE)

I like some of the newer PS Geometry texts (Holt)--but they are pretty expensive and harder for the parents to find the TEs for--most have free online video helps and such if you have the code from the TE.

While I don't care for TT's Algebra programs their Geometry covers all of the bases (I think it is their best program conceptually).

I wish I had one particular program I could recommend to everyone who asks me this question!

Jann

We are using Discovering Geometry (key publishing)...not "key to...series" with a certified math tutor. It is going very well, but, the tutor mentioned that she would like to add some of Jacobs for a more rounded approach.

Have you seen Discovering Geometry? If so, do you like it?

Thanks again:)