Menu

Free online resources for college-level learning - Wow!!

I found about about a couple great resources while listening to a radio show. The first is the Open Courseware Consortium. It links to universities around the world that offer free online courses, lecture notes, lecture videos, etc. MIT has a huge open courseware program (linked here) with over 1900 courses (although most of them don't have complete information). Some of the courses come with assignments and even answer keys. I found a set of five Mandarin Chinese courses that come with a pdf textbook, sound files, software, and assignments. All for free. I am in educational heaven here. :lol:

Another site is academicearth.org. They have lecture videos from ivy league schools on a variety of subjects, and in some cases you can watch lectures for an entire course. There is a set of 24 lectures on ancient Greek history, and a set of 27 on the Civil War! You can also download them as audio files, perfect for car listening. :auto:

I'm thinking there must be some other homeschooling, self-educating parents here that will be as excited about these sites as I am. :D