Menu

Pearson Math?

I LOVE their developmental math-- Basic College Math, Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 programs by Margaret Lial. They have SEVERAL other programs at these same levels by different authors--one in particular that I do not care for...

It really depends on the author of the text series... not just the publisher. Pearson is a pretty strong publisher though...

Pearson is a publisher and they publish many different programs in all subjects. My school district adopted a new math program last year published by Pearson called Envision Math. This is what ds is using in 3rd grade. I like it, but ds is having trouble with it. It feels Singaporish b/c it includes bar diagrams, a lot of mental math, and tons of word problems. This math is very geared toward the Texas curriculum standards for the TAKS math test.

If you can find out the name of the math curriculum from your child's teacher and do some research on it.

That is exactly it. It's Envision Math by Scott Foresman. So, how do I research the reviews of the program? I can't really find any info on it on the internet.

I don't like the phonics they use at the schools, but I'm not sure I dislike the math. It might be OK. But I still think I want to continue homeschooling. Just wanted to make sure I at least checked out their programs before I just crossed it out of my mind.

I'm not sure about reviews of this particular math. It is a brand new math program from what I hear. Our school district just adopted this math program last year, 2008-2009. So far I like it, but my ds is having trouble with it, so I supplement at home with BJU math and I try to work in Singapore math on the weekends to help him with word problems /mental math. If you do a web search for Envision Math, you can go to their website and sign up to see a sample chapter. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help to you.