Menu

What were your kids for Halloween?

My sweet little 7 yr old girl was a ninja. Next year she says she's being a samurai. My 5 yr old was a ninja also. We have tons of old Halloween costumes in the dress-up trunk and my 15 yr old went through a stage where he was a ninja for three consecutive years so we have several ninja costumes around here.

My 8 yr old was a tiger because he's always pretending to be a tiger and reading about tigers. I made him a tail out of orange and black felt, he wore an orange shirt and black pants and he had some ears.

Dd4 decided Sat she wanted to be a pumpkin. Really really really wanted to be a pumpkin. Her previous costume was just her dance class outfit :lol: so switching wasn't a real problem. She had her hair up in a top ponytail for the stem, lol. Dd2 was a leopard. You should hear her roar with her hands in claws, LOL.

My oldest was Wolverine from X-men, in street clothes with a retractable claw set. I dyed his hair black yesterday, and styled it up like Wolverine from the movies today. He looked sharp.

9yo dd was Cleopatra. She had a lot of fun with the bling.

5.5yo ds was a Bumblebee transformer.

4yo dd was a sparkly Tinkerbell.

The baby was a cow. I had a sugarplum fairy dress waiting for her (purple version of what I sewed for Tinkerbell), but she found an old cow suit from her older siblings and insisted on that instead. :lol:

DD#1 wanted to be a cheerleader, but the largest child's costume was too tight and too short. She had to get an adult small and wasn't really happy about the way that it looked because it was a little too big. We had to put sweats on under it so that the skirt would stay up. She got over it, though, and had a good time.

DD#2 chose a generic witch costume, which made me very happy because it was only $9.99. :001_smile:

I love seeing all of the creative costumes that other people come up with, but we don't ever find the time to do that. We end up getting Target costumes every year, LOL.

DS stayed home and passed out candy.

I saw this thread and was hoping to see some pictures.... :D

post-10076-13535083050808_thumb.jpg

post-10076-13535083050808_thumb.jpg

DD#1 wanted to be a cheerleader, but the largest child's costume was too tight and too short. She had to get an adult small and wasn't really happy about the way that it looked because it was a little too big. We had to put sweats on under it so that the skirt would stay up. She got over it, though, and had a good time.

DD#2 chose a generic witch costume, which made me very happy because it was only $9.99. :001_smile:

I love seeing all of the creative costumes that other people come up with, but we don't ever find the time to do that. We end up getting Target costumes every year, LOL.

What beautiful children!

Chelle

Cuteness!

Mine were

DS1 -- an Owl

DS2 -- Robot (he loves Mr. Roboto....thanks to my dh!)

DD -- puppy dog

The oldest 2 actually won the costume contest in our little town! Their costumes were homemade. :)

4062572215_1c961918f6.jpg

LOVE!!!!! the robot!. Now to publish pics of my offspring.

I would have pictures but someone robbed the batteries from my camera :glare:

Meghan was a goul-bride thing. She is a sleep deprived college student and looks perpetually stunned, so it was perfect.

Jenna was Arwen. Again.

Emily made up her own costume, a generic anime character.

Sarah wore an old ballet recital costume and a piece of my bridal veil over her head. Not sure why.

Mia was Cleopatra. She was the only one with a new costume this year because she usually always has to wear the hand-me-downs. I figured that was fair.

Collin was going to be a gladiator, but insisted it was a carwash costume because of the leather flaps hanging on the front. In the end he rejected the carwash costume for his "Captain Heartbreaker" pj's and a cape.

Keira dressed in her Pooh costume she didn't get to wear last year because she was 5 weeks old and colicky. It was a 0-6 months, but she's so lean and could still fit in it. The legs and arms were too short, but it was okay because it was pretty warm out here.

All in all a very successful and very fun Halloween.

Barb

My daughter was a little annoyed. Again this year, even though it was raining and we had lights off and drapes shut, both supervised and unsupervised groups of children stomped onto our porch, rang and knocked several times while our dog went crazy before they finally gave up and ran in the rain to next house. :001_rolleyes: I just don't get it!

On the lighter side, my daughter often goes out, even to church services, dressed up her own way with her face painted, so we have fun with this dress up stuff any day we want to. :001_tt2:

09-06-02facepainting2.jpg09-06-02facepainting1.jpg09-05-14facepaint3.jpgprincess-mask1.jpg09-05-21facepaint.jpg09-05-19facepaint.jpg

My kids were used car salesmen!

Dy's kids were in descending order, a headless horseman, a conquistador, Harry Potter, a butterfly princess, and a soft-shelled turtle (cuz I couldn't get him to wear the turtle costume I slaved to make for him, lol).

I was a turtle, too.

Fun was had by all.