Menu

College textbooks on the web for spec needs?

One of our dd wants to take courses at the local community college. However, she is a slow processor and has dysgraphia and even when she types, she is slow about it. I am looking to software that would help her take notes in textbooks, etc., but of course, they all require that the text be in electronic format. Do most print textbooks come in electronic format? I don't want to buy all the software and then discover that textbooks usually aren't available in PDF or other electronic format.... :confused:

Sandy

There is a new pen that records voice along with writing. It looks like it might be good for this sort of thing. Someone my husband works with uses one. You write keywords in a notebook while the pen is recording the lecture, and then later, if you tap on the key word, the pen repeats that part of the lecture. It has a speaker in it. You can also download to the computer. It looks like a fountain pen. You might want to check it out. If you do get one, get the one with the most memory, even though it is more expensive. My husband and his friend were discussing this and decided that the one with less memory wouldn't work as well.

-Nan