Menu

I would like to keep track of my children's grades some where. Daily homework and tests and labs, all that. For anyone else who does this, where do you keep them? I have recently purchased Homeschool Tracker but have not had time to go through that whole 300 page manual to figure it out. I want to be able to write the grade down now. The homeschool record-keeping books I have purchased so far aren't what I want. Rod and Staff is for 30 students with tiny little spaces and 8 week breaks. The Well-Planned day has a place only for a weekly grade. The Homeschool High-School Journal also doesn't seem to have enough space to record if it's a test, a lab, homework. What do the rest of you do?

I have a 3-ring binder in which I keep each of my 2 kid's lesson plans, past assignment sheets, logs, etc. I simply added another section for each child called "Scores". In it I just have some plain notebook paper, and label a page for each subject I'm keeping scores for. I start a new page when the first assignment or test or whatever for a given subject comes up. Then as we go along, I just write down the assignment and the score on the appropriate page.

For example: looking under the tab for my daughter's scores, so far I have 2 pages of notebook paper set up as follows:

Latin II (centered at the top of the page)

Ch. 1 Translation and questions 18/18 100%

Ch. 2 Translation and questions 19.5/20 98%

:

Chemistry (on the front side of the page)

Module 1 test 21/21 100%

Module 2 test 23/23 100%

:

Labs (on the back of the Chemistry page)

1.1 Air has mass 10/10

:

:

3.2 Electrical conductivity of compounds in water 10/10

:

etc...

I wrote Dd's name and school year in the upper RH corner of the page.

Anyway, this is one idea. Simple and quick to implement. You could even have a separate binder just for grades.

HTH

I would like to keep track of my children's grades some where. Daily homework and tests and labs, all that. For anyone else who does this, where do you keep them?

I made a table chart for each subject for keeping track of grades.

Going across the chart, I list the chapter #. Going down the chart I list the section for homework, then at bottom I list the quiz, test, lab, project for that chapter.

For example: Algebra 2 (I don't grade daily assignments.)

C1 C2 C3 C4 and so on

CReview 15/20 18/20 16/20 20/20

Quiz 1 10/10 9/10 10/10 8/10

2 8/10 8/10 & so on

3 10/10 9/10 & so on if there are 3 quizzes for chapter

Then I list below the chart for exams:

Exam 1 C 1-3 _90/100___

Exam 2 (midterm) C 1-6____________

Exam 3 C 7-9 ________

Exam 4 Final (C 7-12) ___________

For Language Arts I have a table chart for grammar, vocabulary, composition, critical thinking.

Then end of semester, I will compile scores together for a overall subject grade.

Good Afternoon!

Have you ever seen Donna Young's website? donnayoung.org is packed with forms that you can print and use for your homeschool for free. I just popped over there to see if there are any grade forms that might meet your need, and there are several. Have fun looking around!

Blessings,

April