Menu

May I share a great thing?

Our hs group was given the Friday food pick up at Safeway by our local CASA group. This pick up was a huge blessing to many families as it provided bread, produce and even some fun stuff like pastries (unhealthy, yes, but fun!). Well, last week it all blew up in our face and I'm still trying to figure out what happened, but basically CASA took Fridays back and said we might get Fridays again but not until after New Year's. I was crushed, spent days on the phone and going to CASA trying to change their mind. But the lovely (ha!) woman who is in charge wouldn't budge. Then a friend told me that sometimes restaurants will give their food away insteading of throwing it away so I had my dh go to Wildflower Bread Co. last night. With one phone call our hs group got the Thursday night pick up! We share it with one other group who didn't show up so right now there are three HUGE bags of super yummy breads in my dining room waiting for our group members to pick up tomorrow!!! We even got some pastries (which I'm not eating...trying to be good) and two huge pretzels. Isn't that awesome?! We went from getting gross, stale, full-of-preservatives bread products to freshly made Wildflower breads! All because some woman refused to play nice and share even one of her FOUR food pick up days with us anymore.

It's been a good day. :)