Menu

To the one who suggested the E=mc2 science site...

elise1mds

We love it here! The kids laugh and learn at the same time.

The life science is free, the others are $50 each.

There are experiments in the downloadable teacher's guides. Everything we have done so far has been easy to find the supplies for, and to set up.

To save money on ink and paper, I just print off the worksheets, and we read the chapters at my computer.

We're using this this year too, and I've been tooting its horn, but I know I'm not alone so I didn't want to take any credit. :tongue_smilie:

We're using it in a coop - we read and do worksheets at home, and do the experiments all together. It's been working quite well. My dd8 loves the funny captions.

I just checked out the sample pages and it looks great. Are there any experiments/activities that go with it?

Kelly

The different classes are FULL of experiments and if you get the newsletter thing, you'll be updated to the new experiment of the month. The archives are full of random experiments.

Wow. That looks cool. My 10 yr old was hanging out there this morning. Is all that free? We have REAL Science, but there is some neat stuff that could go along with it.

That is what I had been using, too, but this goes along with it so well and I needed a supplement. This site was suggested, and my son reacted much the same way as the other girl did... was walking around all day classifying things as 'biotic' or 'abiotic.' He was telling his sister about the definition of 'population.' We had been doing science two days a week, but he asked if he can do some again tomorrow, because of COURSE I'm going to say no to that :tongue_smilie: It's awesome. If he continues to love it, I'm so shelling out the $50 for next year!

My two girls are in love with this curriculum too. Science is normally one of those things that is done sporadically at best. NOT with this program though! I constantly have kids begging to "do more science, please, please, please". I'm recommending it to everyone I know :lol:

• 3 weeks later...