Menu

For those who pray, please lift ds up

Sharon in MD

We think he probably has H1N1....came down sick mid day today. He is heading for the Drs. in the morning. Fever is not too bad at this point, just 100.4. He had his seasonal flu vaccine, and it seems, from what I've just personally seen around here, that those who have had the shot for seasonal don't seem to have quite as bad a time with it as those who have not.

We are military retired, which opens a whole new can of worms....don't even get me started on the bureaucracy and ridiculous hoops one has to jump through to see a Dr. away from home. Or the fact that I can't get the same answer twice from anyone.....

Sigh...welcome to socialized medicine, the military has had to bear it for years....

But really, please do pray for him.....I hate like crazy that I'm not able to be there to take care of him.:confused:

I'll pray too, and hope your travel plans for family weekend work out. Is there a student health clinic on campus which treats all enrolled students regardless of insurance? Many years ago, I worked in one and the drs. and nurses were great about offering good advice and TLC when needed. It may be that on-campus clinics like that are a thing of the past, though.

H1N1 has been going through ds' campus. Most have had fairly mild cases, but ds had his usual lingering cough. His English instructor's office mate was confirmed and things spread from there, but the timing was such that most of the people in his class dealt with the worst (fever and aches) over the weekend.

Maybe send a care package with instant noodles and such? One of our favorite sick day treats is Stash brand lemon ginger tea. It's caffeine free and soothing to the stomach and respiratory tract.

I already posted more info on the main highschool boards....but I think it may either be an extremely mild H1N1 or not at all. DS fever was gone this morning. He did go to the clinic but they did not test for H1N1 because his fever was completely gone.

So we will keep an eye on him from afar and see if anything else develops.

He did get the seasonal flu shot back in early Sep....so who knows, may that is affording some small protection from whatever the bug was.

THank so much for praying with us. Hopefully there won't be any more news on this front...except to say that all is well.

Thanks!

I don't know...but after talking to him tonight, my mom gut says the kid has some kind of flu like bug....what is the politically correct euphemism...Flu-like illness or whatever.

He is in the middle of midterm prep, he doesn't want to miss class or exams because the makeups are harder....what is a mom or kid to do? I told him if he feels up to going to class tomorrow, go. Then get over to the med center as soon as class is out (2:00 for him). Tell them how lousy he feels and try to get some tamiflu.....

I don't know what else he could do.... We will be going up Friday for Parent's weekend....at least I'll get eyes on him that way.

So...please keep praying... Let's all pray for all our kids with this thing especially.