Menu

ack! I stepped on the scale thinking I was going to see a huge loss

ya know, since I've not had much to eat for the past 3 weeks due to pain & nausea. Don't forget the ovaries and that 7+ cm cycst--it had to weigh something at least in ounces.

Nope, I've gained 2 pounds.

I'm bummed. I was thinking that a nice weight loss was going to be my "silver lining" in this whole adventure.

what'sup with that, huh?!

And here I was thinking fondly of food for the first time tonight -- ymmmm, doritos (in my best Homer Simpson voice).

It could be water retention. Unfortunately, the loss of opportunities for exercising could have more than made up for the lost calories and ovaries. :eek:

Incidentally, it's good to have you back! I figured you were carted in for surgery when you didn't post.

Don't be discouraged. You can't forget that meds may cause weight gain as well. And of course, old faithful, your "friend" may be visiting soon. KWIM? I'm either about to menstruate or I must have residual retention! LOL! If you are tracking your weight, make sure you try to weigh at the same time every day. If your like me, every pound counts. I weigh every AM, same time. Hope you feel better soon!

I recently had surgery and, like you, hadn't eaten anything for weeks. About 1 week after the surgery, I was shocked and dismayed to note that the scale had moved up *eight* pounds!! :eek: After another week, I had lost that plus a couple more. My doctor said the temporary gain was probably a combination of pain medication, fluids given in the hospital, and...um, I forget the other one (fluid retention from swelling, maybe?).

Anyway, I just wanted to give you my experience in the hope that it might encourage you. Hopefully, in another week or so you will find that you really did lose a few.

Lisa