Menu

Dear Doran is Desperate!

(I originally posted this under Crissy's message, but then it seemed pretty buried. So I'm putting it up here to find help for the MIAs.)

Doran's emailed the moderators, but hasn't figure out why she can't get on the boards. She wonders:

"Is it the dial-up connection that is the problem? Can I call my

provider and get them to add something, somehow? I would also like to

know if there are still others who can't get on. I understand that if

they're not ON, you won't know if they are having problems -- I

remember that there were a few, like Chadam, Dana in NC, and j.griff,

who weren't successful on Saturday. I'm curious to know if they are now

able to post."

Is anyone else here using dial-up? Doran was able to get onto the boards using ethernet (I think) at the library. It's way past my bedtime so I might have this all wrong.

As for the WTM Washington gathering, I'm thinking the third week of March, with is spring break at my work. Whaddya think?

Yes, I am on dial-up. Everything takes ten times as long as in the real world but other than that I haven't had any problems, especially not since Sunday when Bob & Heather fixed the server issue. There were a few minor glitches in the beginning and I thought it was my connection but it got all ironed out.

Sure hope Doran makes it over here. I always enjoyed her posts.

(I originally posted this under Crissy's message, but then it seemed pretty buried. So I'm putting it up here to find help for the MIAs.)

Doran's emailed the moderators, but hasn't figure out why she can't get on the boards. She wonders:

"Is it the dial-up connection that is the problem? Can I call my

provider and get them to add something, somehow? I would also like to

know if there are still others who can't get on. I understand that if

they're not ON, you won't know if they are having problems -- I

remember that there were a few, like Chadam, Dana in NC, and j.griff,

who weren't successful on Saturday. I'm curious to know if they are now

able to post."

Is anyone else here using dial-up? Doran was able to get onto the boards using ethernet (I think) at the library. It's way past my bedtime so I might have this all wrong.

As for the WTM Washington gathering, I'm thinking the third week of March, with is spring break at my work. Whaddya think?

I haven't received any emails from a "Doran." Have her try http://67.202.21.157/forums . Lower-cost ISPs tend to update their DNS data less often, so the "pretty" url will take longer to work for some. (I just got a long, complex explanation from Jedi Bob. Needless to say, most of it went over my head, but that was the gist of it.)