Menu

I hate days like this

The kind where no matter how much you try, nothing gets done.

Madelynn has insisted on being held or nursed nonstop today making it impossible to do anything that I can't do on the couch with a nursing pillow and infant on my lap.

I've managed to:

Do my Bible study.

Load my kids' notebooks.

Teach 1 math lesson.

Tell the kids to do logic, math, and penmanship.

Put away 1/4 of a load of laundry.

Wash 1/2 a sink of dishes.

Put away 1/2 a sink of dishes.

Go to the local, small, family-owned hardware store for a part Dh needs.

Eat a cold bbq rib.

Made a small diaper cake, crocheting "ribbon" to go around the diapers.

What I needed to do, or need to do, but couldn't/can't because it requires leaving the couch:

Eat breakfast.

Eat more lunch.

Wash 2 meals worth of dishes.

Put away 2 meals worth of dishes.

Clean the counters/stove.

Put away 3 loads of laundry.

Wash laundry.

Pick up the main rooms.

Prepare spelling and reading assignments for the kids.

Shower (but the shower is broken so can't anyway).

Finish decluttering project all over the floor of my room.

Go grocery shopping.

Figure out/cook dinner with no food in the house.

Really...my house came out of the weekend more trashed than usual. Last week was really chaotic with outside the home appointments so we didn't get as much school as usual done. This week is more chaotic than usual because of outside the home commitments. Between the two, I really wanted to buckle down and make the most of the time I do have at home, not spend every last moment nursing on the couch!

I'm not a sit on the couch kind of person. Sometimes I HATE nursing.

That is all.

I hear ya about the nursing. Nursing holds both my most precious memories and my most frustrating memories all in one.

I have a friend who nursed her two children, then adopted a third. She said that she felt so freeeee bottle feeding the adopted child. The option of nursing was gone, so she could bottle feed guilt-free. And she could hand baby off to someone else to feed any time she liked.

Being a mom can feel so conflicting at times!

She wouldn't sit in a swing, chair, or bouncy for more than 2 minutes all day until about 5:15pm.

She's not liking the sling.

I did finally get about 30 minutes in which I was able to wash all of the dishes, dry and put away the clean dishes, sweep the floor, take out the trash, and clear the miscellaneous stuff off the dining room table and window seat. I'm really learning to get a lot done in a short period of time.

• 2 years later...
She wouldn't sit in a swing, chair, or bouncy for more than 2 minutes all day until about 5:15pm.

She's not liking the sling.

I did finally get about 30 minutes in which I was able to wash all of the dishes, dry and put away the clean dishes, sweep the floor, take out the trash, and clear the miscellaneous stuff off the dining room table and window seat. I'm really learning to get a lot done in a short period of time.

:grouphug: Could you try a different type of sling? Or just a different type of carry in the sling? When DD was a baby, she hated the first sling I tried, but absolutely adored the second. It was like night and day! Once I put her in the second carrier, she would stay in it happily for hours.

And, now I'm out of help because it was (or it just feels like it was) so long ago, and I've forgotten which type it was. But I know I could carry her multiple ways, and once she was able to hold her head up, she loved to be on my chest facing forward. The best of both worlds- the safety of Mommy, with the excitement of all the new things to see. :D

:lol: I was so confused! I didn't remember a post where JoAnn posted she'd had another baby!

I had the same thought. And then I thought, hey maybe she's extended nursing a toddler, but then you're not usually stuck on the couch all day that way. Anyway, I had to check out the thread to lend support since I just spent the better part of the last two hours on the couch with my newborn. I couldn't do my to do list, but I was able to write more on my to do list.

Too funny to find this is actually a zombie thread. :D