Menu

Need help with transcripts (from AOP Lifepacs)

I'm helping a friend's son write out his transcripts... Well, I'm trying to help, but I'm kind of clueless here.

He has been homeschooled since about 5th grade and finished up 12th grade last spring. Mom simply bought the AOP Lifepac workbooks and he did the rest himself.

Any clue as to how to turn that into high school transcripts?

Thanks,

Sue

She bought the workbook sets without the teacher editions. So, we have a basic list of the courses to work off of but that's it.

For example, his 12th grade science was 10 workbooks:

Kinematics

Dynamics

Work and Energy

Waves

Light

Static Electricity

Current Electricity

Magnetism

Atomic and Nuclear Physics

Kinematics to Nuclear Physics

My problem is how to translate the above list of topics into the transcript (when I don't understand half of what I just typed). We're trying to do a sort of cover page that outlines the courses, credits earned, grades, etc., and then an expanded one where we go into a bit of detail as to what each course covered.

BTW, thanks for the link to the transcript form. That's going to be quite useful to us.

Sue

Hi Sue,

If he did all Lifepacs and did each of the sets assigned to the grade he was in, you can use the Alpha Omega website (or a catalog) to help you figure this out. Here's a link to their homeschooling lifepac page:

http://www.aophomeschooling.com/lifepac/

From here you can navigate (click on the folders) to each grade level and within each, by clicking, you can see what the actual "course" was. For example, what you listed above are all physics topics, and if you look at the 12th grade science you will see it is Physics (it won't list all the worktext titles; it just says Physics). The 12th grade math you will see is Pre-calculus, the language arts is English IV, etc. These are what you list on the transcript (that is, Physics, Pre-calculus, English IV, Government & Economics, to name a few of the 12th grade ones I looked at.) So by looking at each grade level, you should be able to figure out all the course titles for the transcript. Does that make sense?

Then, the worktext titles like you listed above would go into a course descriptions document--as the list of topics covered for each course--and you would list Alpha Omega Lifepacs as the texts that were used.

I think it all should come out looking very normal and standard--the course titles Alpha Omega has used seem to be very typical.

Hope this helps!