Menu

Weight Loss Accountability-Join Us!

Ok, I'll start.

I currently weight 200 lbs. I would like to weigh 135-140 by Dec. 31 2008. I don't exercise and have a horrible diet. I just started SparkPeople, and my goals for this week are:

Track my food intake everyday

Drink 4 glasses of water daily

My goals aren't lofty, but I hope I can achieve them.

Jennifer

200/200/135 (starting weight, current weight, goal weight)

Hello Jennifer

I was with Sparks last year and lost fifteen pounds, going from 140 down to 125. I put four pounds on while travelling and want to lose them (and more if possible) before going travelling again. My daily goals are

8 glasses of water

25 grams of fibre

100 calcium

Under 25 grams of saturated fat (I have high cholesterol)

Walking half an hour a day at high speed

Weights 2-3 times a week

Pilates 2-3 times a week.

Best wishes

Laura

129/129/125 (120 maybe)

I am in. I weighed in today at 189.5- but I have been sick for 2 days- so let's hope it sticks;). I started about 3 weeks ago- taking meat and most dairy out of my diet. I started at 202.5. I haven't even shared with my dh my weight:o! I am 6'2 so I begin to look too skinny around 170, but right now I just want to be able to fit into my old clothes without a giant "muffin top".

Thanks for this thread!

202.5/189.5/170

FINE! x-( LOL :-D J/K

I don't know how much I weigh, but it's around 180. I should be around 130. I'd "like" to lose as much as possible by July (We're moving and we'll be close to family and I'll actually be SEEN by these people on a semi regular basis. Not to mention the water there will be warm instead of freezing cold like it is here, so we're likely to become beach people on dh's off days at least.)

I should probably not have the Corona (not light) before dinner, LOL. I should probably actually DRINK the water I put into my glass during the day, and I should probably try to make sure I eat more veggies. Okay, I *know* I should do all those things. I just need to figure out how to become "aware" of what I'm doing. I guess if there is a thread or update here each day, then I'll "be aware" of the situation at least once a day. Right?

:-)

Ok, I'll start.

I currently weight 200 lbs. I would like to weigh 135-140 by Dec. 31 2008. I don't exercise and have a horrible diet. I just started SparkPeople, and my goals for this week are:

Track my food intake everyday

My goals aren't lofty, but I hope I can achieve them.

Jennifer

200/200/135 (starting weight, current weight, goal weight)

Jennifer, I don't have a weight problem, but I have always struggled with keeping my weight down. I'm only 5' tall so after 4 kids it's got to go somewhere! However, my goal has always been to catch it before it sneaks up on me. So I'm joining you ladies in taking care of our bodies. I've been diligently running for 1 year now and have lost 13 pounds. My dh didn't believe I had it to come off, but I call it fine tuning! I hope we can encourage each other b/c I'm so sick of running!! Keep us posted!

I'm similar to Jennifer, as far as weight and height.

5'4", 139. When I was working I got down to 126. I didn't eat from 2-12 except for dinner and that wasn't anything exciting. I am now surrounded by kid food! Maybe my kids should be healthier too. Anyway, I would like to exercise more and be more diligent about eating habits.

I currently weight 190 lbs. I would like to weigh 125-130 by Jan. 1 2009 (my B-day) I'm really not sure about the weight though. I really would like to lose inches.

Upper Abs 43 1/2", Waist 46", Lower Abs 45 1/2", and Hips 44 1/2". Like I said before I look like I'm 4 to 5 months pregnant and my youngest just turned 6 years old.

Also like I said before it's not that I eat to mush, it's that I don't eat enough. I can eat 1 to 2 meals and I will be full all day. I am trying to eat 5 to 6 healthy meals a day.

I am focusing on what I need to add to my day to be a healthier eater rather than on what I am not supposed to have. I exercise 30 min. to 60 min. 5 days a week.

My goals are:

To eat 5 to 6 meals a day.

Keep exercising 30 min. to 60 min. 5 days a week.

the first 2 are the hard ones.

190/190/125

I'm diabetic too so it's more than just loosing weight it's about eating right every day.

I hate to say how many total pounds I need to loose because then I get discouraged and give up before I even start. :( (50lbs or so).

So I'm shooting for 15 lbs by July 31, 2008. An another 15 by Jan 1, 2008. A total of 30 lbs for the year.

My appetite is still fickle right now, post surgery. I hope I don't get ravenous as I heal. . . most likely, right?

After five kids in 9 years, I needed to lose weight badly. We rejoined the YMCA in October. I've been faitfully working out at least five timmes a week since then. I started out at 198 pounds last April about 4 months after my daughter was born. In October, I was at 187. I'm currently around 170lbs.

My husband and I have started weight training and working out together two-three times a week. I go work out or take a class on the days we don't go together. I am not so good at watching my eating- this is my problem. I'm trying to be better about this. I am about 5'7" and I'm in pretty good shape- I can keep up with step classes and run on a treadmill.

I'd like to hit my goal by the end of May when I have my ten year high school reunion. Once I lose ten more pounds, I'm going to get my belly-button repierced :D

170/170/150

Hmmm.

I'm 5'5" and about 168. I'm shooting for 140.

However, I've been challenged this year as I've been ill, and am currently not eating any: gluten, dairy, eggs, beans, yeast, nuts, mushrooms or cane sugar. Fun, eh?

What that means is that I'm having a terrible time getting enough fiber. It also means that I'm having a terrible time figuring out a balanced diet.

I exercise an average of 4 hours a week, generally by doing Leslie Sansone DVDs at least 30 minutes a day with one rest day in the week. It doesn't seem to have any effect on my weight whatsoever.

My current goals are to continue exercising, drink enough water, find ways to get fiber, and eat more fruits/vegetables.

I've managed to put on about 10 pounds, all settling in my hips, thighs and rear end, and I cannot seem to get rid of it. I'm determined, though, as my clothes aren't fitting right.

My big thing is that I work in the evening after the family is gone to bed, and THAT is when things like Girl Scout cookies tempt me. So my goal is to eat only veggies as late-night snacks ... and lose one pound per week.

Julie

Count me in, too. I am 5 ft, and currently stalled at 185 (I am a little round butterball!), and would love to get to 150 (probably less ultimately, but for now, 150 would be great). I will be visiting Dy in April, and would love to be at least 165-170 by then, so I am committed to working hard the next couple of months. I am not after skinny, I am after fit. I want to be comfortable and fit.

Since the middle of Nov, I have lost 22 lbs, but I have put 5 back on. I am doing ok on food, but could be eating more and smaller meals. I, too have allergies, to wheat, dairy, soy, corn, peanut, chocolate, alcohol, and shellfish. It does make fiber harder to get!

In addition to healthier frequent meals, what I need to focus on is exercise. I am taking a yoga, and an exercise class at the community center beginning in Feb, once we have 2 vehicles again, so that will help. In the meantime, I have been having severe foot pain in my left heel, so that has squelched my desire to walk much. It is better since I lost the weight, but still slows me down.

I was 267# in Feb 07 and as of Monday I am 189.3. My goal is 140 # and I'd love to hit it before my 40th birthday in October! I am also a member of sparkpeople and it really helps me to keep in line. I started losing by eating low fat, whole grains and very little to no sugar. Since I hit the 65# mark I switched to vegan/whole foods and am hoping to continue that path.

I try to walk 45 minutes 6 days a week and do strength training 3 days a week.

I am glad to see this thread. I am looking forward to a little accountability! I joined sparkpeople ages ago, but haven't been consistent about logging my food and exercise. I get frustrated because it gets tedioius logging everything, since much of what we eat isn't in there. Then, of course, dh HAD to make chocolate chip cookies last night. But, here I am, committing to make this happen.

I am 5'8" and weigh 167. My goal is to be 150 by mid July and 140 by December (I was 130 when I got married 16 years ago). I may be tall, but I have a small frame, so this extra weight is all flab (and it is all in my middle.) My thin person is screaming to get out!

I hereby promise to strive to

• exercise 5 days a week (either Nordic walking or cardio/weights at the Y) keep my calories under 1750
  • Keep my carbs under 200 gms (my weakness!)
  • drink 8 glasses of water.

So, do we sign in blood or something?

Well, Jennifer, you'd never know it by your picture. What a hottie! I'm another Jenn, so I can joke, right? I had to go dig up this old blog entry about being another Jennifer.

A girl's gotta have a goal, right? I don't watch much TV or go to the movies, but Jennifer Garner is one star I really like. Plus she went to college with my husband, so if I ever bump into her on the street I have a way to strike up a conversation.!

Jennifer

I'm in!! I currently weigh 175. I'm 5'10" and really want to get down to 150 by the end of the summer. That's the weight where my clothes fit best. My goal for this week is to work out 5 days (30 - 45 min), and watch my portions.

I am going to start running when it's not so darn cold (-1 this morning). My goal is to run/walk the Disney 1/2 Marathon next January. I used to run distance in hs/college.

Jean - Congratulations on your weight loss!!! What has kept you going?

Thank you for this idea! I sucked support from the board yesterday, so it makes perfect sense.

After the birth of my sixth child, and approaching age 39, even nursing has not taken off the pounds like before. So I'm trying to get from pregnancy weight to pre-preggo weight eating lo-carb. Except for yesterday. I'm 147 (as of this morning, a pound less than before my cookie craze!) and want get to 125. That's my "feel good/clothes fit" weight.

This is the most I've ever been overweight, and it seems like such a mountain to lose! But a little encouragement for me, and maybe for those who've be overweight for a long time: I have an aunt (60ish) who has always been pretty big. In the last year or two she's lost 150 pounds and is like a size 14 or something. I'm so proud of her! After a lifetime of heaviness, and now at an older age, she has done this! So we can do it too.

I'll join too, but I'm not tell you how much I weigh!

I never had a weight problem until I got married - so I like to tease dh and tell him it is his fault :p

But I know I need to buckle down and get healthy. My goal this week is to walk 1 mile every day (except Sunday).

Great idea to start this thread!

I'm not real overweight or anything, but I really need to exercise.

I'm 5'3 1/2" and was 132 before I went vegetarian. I'm down to around 127/128 right now, but I'm really aiming for about 118/120. The main thing is that I need to work off a little flab. I just am not toned at all.

We live at the end of a gravel road so I really don't have a great place to walk. I'm not big on just basic exercise. It just stinks! I love to be active, but don't really have an opportunity for that anymore.

My goal is to start SOME TYPE of exercise and get bikini-worthy by May.

Here's hopin...

I'm 37 and 5'4 (and a half)" tall. I weigh 180 pounds (yikes). I am small boned. My goal weight is 130 pounds, so I would like to lose 50 pounds.

I recently decided that I need to be a mature adult as far as my health is concerned.

I have added the following to my daily eating:

1/2 c whole grain cereal

1 C cooked vegetable or a very small salad before lunch AND dinner

1/2 c of broth based soup before lunch AND dinner

1 serving of fruit before breakfast AND lunch AND dinner

1 frozen entree (like WW or LC) for EITHER lunch or dinner

2 C 1% milk

I am going to add cardio and strength training starting TODAY, Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008.

I am adding the following to my day:

20 minutes of cardio on the elliptical

10 minutes of strength training using a DVD called 10 Minute Solution, Tone Trouble Zones!

180/178/1stGoal162

Edited to add: I weighed 180 pounds when I started adding healthy foods to my diet last Thursday.

I'm SO in! I am a third Jennifer, so you may just call me SnowWhite, LOL.

In 2006 I reached my goal weight using WW (mostly the Core program). When the reality of continuing in the same vein for the rest of my life reached me, I reacted badly. I am still/again attending meetings, and this week I'm trying the Points plan to shake things up a bit.

(prepregnancy #1, high weight prior to starting WW the first time) 233/204/170 (doc recommended goal weight, I'm 5'8" and hypothyroid)

I will join, I just decided I really need to fit into my clothes vs. buying new ones. I probably weigh about 150, but I look 6 mos. pg. I am not sure what I would do if someone aske when I was due; nope couldn't handle that. I would like to get to around 120 but 130 is more realistic, lol. So, here are my goals, 10 sit-ups a day and a walk with dogs and kids in afternoon. Most important is to hide the Oreo's from myself, I have to have some and cold milk before bed, really, I can't sleep without them. haha.

Tammy

I have an aunt (60ish) who has always been pretty big. In the last year or two she's lost 150 pounds and is like a size 14 or something. I'm so proud of her! After a lifetime of heaviness, and now at an older age, she has done this! So we can do it too.

That IS inspiring! Tell her congrats from me!

I'm in!! I started back on weight watchers right before Christmas and so far I'm down 7.5lbs. I really need to exercise and tone up. Since I'm tall no one EVER notices when I lose weight. I dropped 30lbs with WW after my 2nd son was born and people were shocked when I told them I had lost 30lbs, they said I looked the same!??!! Anyway my current weight is 151.5 and I'm shooting for 145 (I'm 5'10").

159/151.5/145

I am not sure what I would do if someone aske when I was due; nope couldn't handle that.

I have been there. First you do not know what to say. Then you get mad at them. Then you get mad at yourself.

:( The sad thing about it is I have 3 children but the whole time I was pregnant with them no one asked. It is alway when I'm not pregnant. :(

OK, I'm in. I wasn't going to start until Feb, but maybe I can get myself in gear! I'll plan to start Monday. Exercise is my weak spot. And I don't eat hardly anything during the day, all my calories are at night. I'm not posting a start weight tonight, I'll weigh myself in the AM. I would love to get down to 135 (I'm somewhere between 160-165). 135 would put my BMI in the normal range. Actually, I would be happy with 145. So, I'm in!

Melissa

I want to get back down to a weight I like better. The catch is I want to do it in a healthy way, but I am not good at that because I would like to see it happen fast. I have a history of anorexia and am heavier now than I ever thought I would be. I want to stay healthy, but I also want to shed these extra pounds. I am thinking if I just don't eat at night and work out no more that 3-4 times a week, I will be able to lose gradually and not get too obsessed with the number on the scale. That sounds like a healthy goal to me.

I would like to lose 40 pounds. That would put me down to wonderful. It also would be less than I've weighed since I entered puberty! LOL But hey... it could happen.

Goals... let's see. Since I'm not God and can't speed the global warming process, thereby making the weather something that I'd actually think of going walking in, I am going to aim to play Wii boxing and tennis 5 days a week for 20 minutes at a time and to drink more water and never ever take seconds and stop making all of Ree's dadgum fatteningly delicious recipes! Once the weather is above freezing for three days out of every week I will most definitely be getting out there with my big doggy and going for some lovely neighborhood walks. But for now, I rather like not losing all feeling in my extremities every morning, TVM! :p

I weighed in this morning. It has been a week since I started adding healthy foods to my meals.

Since last Thursday I've lost 3 full pounds!

180/177/162

P.S.- Is this how we're going to "do" this? Do we just add messages to this thread? Or is there going to be a weekly accountability thread that we can add to, or edit?

Congrats on the three pounds!!:):)

I'm going to start a new thread every Monday morning and we can post whatever we want on there-current weight, how we did with food and exercise, etc. It will also be a place to give each other support and encouragement.

Jennifer

I always sign up for these things but never follow through. But this morning I stepped on the scale and am rather disgusted.

Some of you may remember a couple of weeks ago I posted my campaign picture and said I needed to lose 50#. Many very nice posters here said I looked fine. I don't really carry any of my weight above the waist. I didn't post my weight then, but since everyone here is, I'll be brave. I weighed in at 210# :eek: I'm 5'6". I am comfortable at 160#, even though most "charts" and such say that is too high for me. I do tend to put on muscle fairly easily, so if my numbers are higher due to that , I'm fine with that too.

I hope everyone did great in their first 24 hours!!