Menu

World/Modern History

What World/Modern History Curriculum do you like? We will go through 1600 this year with Streams of Civilization. We don't care for it, and want to use something more engaging for 1600-now. History is not this child's favorite subject (but it is mine!). Would love some ideas. Not looking to take any AP/CLEP tests. Just want to cover it in an enjoyable way.

How about Western Civilization by Spielvogel, as mentioned in the WTM? There are both college and high school versions. The high school version is called Human Odyssey, I believe. I found Western Civ at our used bookstore for only $2! There are a lot of versions, and mine is obviously an older one.

Another would be to use the 2nd half of Notgrass (but you would probably need to supplement since the whole curriculum is designed to be done in one year). You could supplement with one of the teaching company tapes.

Hope that helps,

Veronica

Veronica,

I'd been thinking about doing the second half of Notgrass.... I already plan on using Notgrass for US History. I've already bought that as I found the whole curriculum (including supplementary books) for $50. Want to finish World first though...

Cathie