Menu

Please help! Cordless optical mouse for my desktop PC died

The cordless optical mouse that came with my Dell PC has died (I'm writing this on another computer). I need a new one, and fast. :-)

When I Google, I come up with mostly sets of keyboard+optical mouse. But I don't really want a keyboard; the one I have is nearly new. I do see some cordless laser mice on Amazon.com. Would a laser mouse work on a Dell machine that is several years old? Or, any other ideas? I don't need anything fancy, just serviceable...and I don't know a lot about PCs.

Also, do I need to replace anything else if I replace the mouse? There's a box next to my PC, some kind of receiver. Do I need to replace that, too? Or will any mouse communicate with it?

TIA!

Sandy

Hmm...our optical mouse died a couple of weeks ago, too. :glare: Its batteries needed to be changed so often, that we decided to forego the hassle and just buy a corded mouse. I imagine that any mouse that works on a PC will work on your Dell. (The plug-in place is standardized, I believe.) Maybe you could go to your local computer or office supply store and ask? Or check Tiger Direct (google for website.)

I'm not very techy, so can't offer any more useful advice. :tongue_smilie: