Menu

Would you think less of me...

Nakia

No to all of the above!

Would you think less of me if you knew that my husband hates to see dirty dishes, so many evenings I'll say, "Guess I'll start the dishes soon..." and then putter around the house until my husband can't stand it anymore and HE does the dishes?

No to all of the above!

Would you think less of me if you knew that my husband hates to see dirty dishes, so many evenings I'll say, "Guess I'll start the dishes soon..." and then putter around the house until my husband can't stand it anymore and HE does the dishes?

Oh yes I would! :D

Would you think less of me knowing I rarely do dishes? :tongue_smilie:

Bill

No, but thank goodness my husband does the dishes most of the time.

Would you think less of me knowing I will sometimes pretend like I cannot hear my kids calling me.

Are you kidding? I do this a lot.

Would you all think less of me if I told you I never fold socks? We have a huge basket full of clean socks. I just cannot keep up with all of them, so if you need socks, you have to look in the sock basket. :001_huh:

No,

Would you think less of me if I told you I developed an online friendship with someone of the opposite sex who turned out to be a stalker and who put me and my family at risk??

No, but I would be frightened for you.

Would you think less of me if I told you that, when I moved here, I was horrified by the cobwebs hanging in people's homes, and now I'm not even bothered by them in my own home?

no way. I hate cleaning kitchens.

would you think less of me if I told you that, depsite all the wondrous cultural things we are experiencing here, I really miss TACO BELL. :tongue_smilie:

Oh, Heather, Taco Bell is high on the list of things missed for our family too. I actually went online to locate the closest Taco Bell to my parents house because we'll be visiting them in a couple of weeks. And I tried to figure out how I could smuggle a Taco Bell quesadilla in my luggage for my oldest who won't be with us in NC.

No, but I would be frightened for you.

Would you think less of me if I told you that, when I moved here, I was horrified by the cobwebs hanging in people's homes, and now I'm not even bothered by them in my own home?

No, but I would wonder what it was about the UK that produces so many cobwebs :confused:

Would you think less of me to know that I found myself stranded with no TP this afternoon, and instead of waiting for someone to discover me sitting there and come to my rescue, I just gave it a shake and moved on?

I can't believe I just posted that.

No, but I would wonder what it was about the UK that produces so many cobwebs :confused:

Would you think less of me to know that I found myself stranded with no TP this afternoon, and instead of waiting for someone to discover me sitting there and come to my rescue, I just gave it a shake and moved on?

I can't believe I just posted that.

:lol: No, I wouldn't think less of you as long as you flushed the toilet.

Would you think less of me if I told you I had been anti cooking for the past two weeks?

The last time I went to the store i only bought frozen, already prepared, cereal, or hot dogs for my family. I am usually a cook from scratch but I was so overwhlemed with school and fall activities.

:lol: No, I wouldn't think less of you as long as you flushed the toilet.

Would you think less of me if I told you I had been anti cooking for the past two weeks?

The last time I went to the store i only bought frozen, already prepared, cereal, or hot dogs for my family. I am usually a cook from scratch but I was so overwhlemed with school and fall activities.

No- we live that way too all too often

Would you think less of me if I told you I have eaten a giant green fly on purpose because it was a delicacy?

No- we live that way too all too often

Would you think less of me if I told you I have eaten a giant green fly on purpose because it was a delicacy?

Yes, I would. Just kidding but that is GROSS!! Wait, how did it taste?

This is my 3rd one, but it's my thread so it's ok. Would you think less of me if I told you that I LOVE the new show on the CW station called The Vampire Diaries????

Yes, I would. Just kidding but that is GROSS!! Wait, how did it taste?

This is my 3rd one, but it's my thread so it's ok. Would you think less of me if I told you that I LOVE the new show on the CW station called The Vampire Diaries????

No...but only if you didn't think less of me for maybe, possibly having a smallish "thing" for a certain twenty-something British actor. And that after I had taken my dc and all thier friends more than once to see a certain movie in which the above mentioned actor acts, I went again by myself the above mentioned movie, and that I just positioned myself near a group of teenage girls in the hopes that I would appear as though I was with them?

No...but only if you didn't think less of me for maybe, possibly having a smallish "thing" for a certain twenty-something British actor. And that after I had taken my dc and all thier friends more than once to see a certain movie in which the above mentioned actor acts, I went again by myself the above mentioned movie, and that I just positioned myself near a group of teenage girls in the hopes that I would appear as though I was with them?

Lol, no. Luke Wilson & his brother (also actors) are pretty goodlooking, too. ;)

Would you think less of me if I told you instead of going through the long, drawn out bedtime routine we're currently stuck in around here; last night I was too lazy to do it so I just put the 2 youngest in bed w/ me (dh had to work)?

Or, since that one didn't sound too bad, how about this: Would you think less of me because yesterday evening, when the dc wanted to play board games, I had to vaccuum a square of carpet just for a decent enough area to play?

This thread is making me feel soooo much better about my life! :lol:

Not at all. My tiled floors are so cluttered right now I'd have to clear a space first :tongue_smilie:

Would you think less of me if I told you it's 9:53, my ds just woke up and I still haven't made breakfast for anyone?

No, because my DD7 just woke up too, but DD4 has been up for an hour. I haven't made her breakfast either. Instead, I let her feed herself a banana and made her bring me one too :001_unsure: And that's not even my contribution!

Would you think less of me if you knew that, late last night, after everyone else went to sleep (I really, REALLY needed some mama time), I indulged a craving and made a bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough to eat some raw? Then, in an attempt to salvage some dignity, I started the oven to actually make the cookies, and because the oven takes awhile to heat up...I fell asleep on the couch and left the oven on all night and the cookie dough on the counter? Now I have to throw it away :(

Would you all think less of me if I told you I never fold socks? We have a huge basket full of clean socks. I just cannot keep up with all of them, so if you need socks, you have to look in the sock basket. :001_huh:

NO!!

Would you think less of me if I told you that I don't wash socks! I just buy new ones. After the boys wear them a couple of times and I find them, I just throw them away.

NO!!

Would you think less of me if I told you that I don't wash socks! I just buy new ones. After the boys wear them a couple of times and I find them, I just throw them away.

No

would you think less of me if I said I just let my girls eat cupcakes for breakfast because I am on here laughing to hard right now!:smilielol5:

No, I have to do this, too, because my DS never remembers to put them in the hamper, and when I find them they usually have holes in them. I do, however, make him spend his own money on new socks!

Would you think less of me for ditching school yesterday, packing the kids into the van, and driving over 100 miles to buy some really good fudge????

I was seriously craving some fudge. :lol:

These sorts of threads, as well as the "confession" threads we've had in the past make me nervous.

There are people on this board who will remember the things you've posted and, if they don't like you, will bring them up OFTEN. It has happened here before.

Please be careful with what you post about yourselves. :)

:o

No, I have to do this, too, because my DS never remembers to put them in the hamper, and when I find them they usually have holes in them. I do, however, make him spend his own money on new socks!

Would you think less of me for ditching school yesterday, packing the kids into the van, and driving over 100 miles to buy some really good fudge????

100 miles!? Wow, that must have been some craving!

No, I wouldn't think less of any of you!

Would you think less of me if I told you that I saw the preview for New Moon at the movies on Friday and got really excited?

Most definitely not!

Would you think less of me if I told you that I've already purchased my tickets to New Moon on opening day?

Hardly.

Okay do you all REALLY want to know my deep, dark secret confession that few people know about me???

Here it is:

I used to work as a telemarketer. "Sears vinyl siding and replacement windows..." Do you think less of me now??? :tongue_smilie:

No Way...do it all the time....

Would you think less of me if you knew it was 12:30 AM and instead of grading dc's schoolwork, I am messing around with mindless facebook tests?? Did you know I am The Skipper from Gilligan's Island (I wanted to be Lovey Howell) and I am most like a rose and I am going to get hit by a car??

~~Faithe

ummmmm....

...no judgement here...

:leaving:

100 miles!? Wow, that must have been some craving!

It was about 140 miles, round-trip. I really wanted that fudge, LOL.

It's not something I would normally do, but the day before we had been all set to travel about the same distance for a field trip. At the last minute, the field trip was canceled. So, Friday morning I was craving some fudge and thought: I've got a full tank of gas, just had the oil changed, got a refund for the field trip... why not????

:)

ETA: We also took a quick tour of a museum while we were there, so it wasn't completely lacking educational value. We could count that as "school", right? :)

Edited by hsmom3tn

ETA: We also took a quick tour of a museum while we were there, so it wasn't completely lacking educational value. We could count that as "school", right? :)

Of course! I think you can count it as school even without the museum. Fudge is life schooling! You could get into the history of fudge. How do divide fudge between the family. How to make fudge which is great for home ec and measurements.

Sounds great to me.

Hardly.

Okay do you all REALLY want to know my deep, dark secret confession that few people know about me???

Here it is:

I used to work as a telemarketer. "Sears vinyl siding and replacement windows..." Do you think less of me now??? :tongue_smilie:

No, but I wish I could afford to call you and see what sort of deal you could get me.

Would you think less of me if I said I ordered pizza, because the idea of cooking made me nauseous?

Hardly.

Here it is:

NO because...I was a telemarketer too...I sold drapes and slipcovers for a shady character who fired us all on Christmas Eve so he wouldn't have to give us our commisions or bonus checks...UGH.

Would you think less of me if I told you I have taTOOS...AND i REALLY DO LIKE THEM??

~~Faithe

NO because...I was a telemarketer too...I sold drapes and slipcovers for a shady character who fired us all on Christmas Eve so he wouldn't have to give us our commisions or bonus checks...UGH.

Would you think less of me if I told you I have taTOOS...AND i REALLY DO LIKE THEM??

~~Faithe

No. Would you think less of me if I said I might like a tattoo but am too afraid to get one (plus dh HATES the idea:001_smile:) ?

Woolybear

No... Would you think less of me if you knew that I would have totally used that cookie dough, probably as breakfast.

No, becuase I had that same thought. It was only out a couple of hours?!!

Would you think less of me if you knew I was thinking up excuses so we wouldn't have to do school tomorrow. And the next day. And the next day. I am SO not into it this year!!!!!

Not at all.

Would you think less of me if you knew I sometimes change the name of recipes because I know dh will be totally disinclined to eat it and like it if he knows its' real name, but, under a new name, he will eat it, like it, ask for seconds, and even request it again? (I just have to remember what I called it!!!)

(One example: dh absolutely does. not. like cream puffs. I have a cake recipe that is a Cream Puff Cake. The base IS the cream puff recipe! The part he does. not. like. The first time I made it, I called it something like Pudding Delight Cake - and he loved it! Thankfully, I don't always have to remember the new names - once he's had it and likes it, he doesn't ask what it is)...

Not at all.

Would you think less of me if you knew I sometimes change the name of recipes because I know dh will be totally disinclined to eat it and like it if he knows its' real name, but, under a new name, he will eat it, like it, ask for seconds, and even request it again? (I just have to remember what I called it!!!)

(One example: dh absolutely does. not. like cream puffs. I have a cake recipe that is a Cream Puff Cake. The base IS the cream puff recipe! The part he does. not. like. The first time I made it, I called it something like Pudding Delight Cake - and he loved it! Thankfully, I don't always have to remember the new names - once he's had it and likes it, he doesn't ask what it is)...

I love it! I have been doing the Jessica Seinfeld thing and hiding veggies in various dishes. I made a pureed soup that I called Potato and Carrot Soup, and it actually had potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, leek, and cauliflower in it. Dh would never have eaten it if he'd known about the onion, leek or cauliflower!

Dh went to a quack doctor once. Yes, I swear he was a quack. It was a walk in clinic and the guy really sounded clueless. Well this was over ten years ago and the guy told him he couldn't eat tomatoes. He still won't. Later he went to a naturopath. Not a quack, but she told him he couldn't have wheat for a while. So he didn't. Then she said she could do something to help with that. She did, but dh didn't believe it worked so he still won't touch wheat. Why believe the naturopath in the first place, if you won't believe that what she does will help?

So, on occasion I have made something with wheat bread crumbs or a miniscule amount of tomato product. Dh wouldn't eat it if he knew. But when he did eat it, did he have any problems? No. So, I sneak it in now and then.

Would you think less of me if I told you I've never had a manicure, pedicure, or a bikini wax?

Woolybear

So, on occasion I have made something with wheat bread crumbs or a miniscule amount of tomato product. Dh wouldn't eat it if he knew. But when he did eat it, did he have any problems? No. So, I sneak it in now and then.

Me too! Only it's things like mayonnaise that I sneak into recipes! If dh knew there was mayo in certain dishes, he absolutely would not eat it!

Would you think less of me if I told you I've never had a manicure, pedicure, or a bikini wax?Woolybear

Me either! So no I wouldn't think less of you!

I love it! I have been doing the Jessica Seinfeld thing and hiding veggies in various dishes. I made a pureed soup that I called Potato and Carrot Soup, and it actually had potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, leek, and cauliflower in it. Dh would never have eaten it if he'd known about the onion, leek or cauliflower!

I just checked the library's online site for Jessica Seinfeld and they have Deceptively Delicious - I am on my way over there this afternoon anyway - so you know what I will be checking out!

Dh went to a quack doctor once. Yes, I swear he was a quack. It was a walk in clinic and the guy really sounded clueless. Well this was over ten years ago and the guy told him he couldn't eat tomatoes. He still won't. Later he went to a naturopath. Not a quack, but she told him he couldn't have wheat for a while. So he didn't. Then she said she could do something to help with that. She did, but dh didn't believe it worked so he still won't touch wheat. Why believe the naturopath in the first place, if you won't believe that what she does will help?

Would you think less of me if I told you I've never had a manicure, pedicure, or a bikini wax?

Woolybear

For dh it's mushrooms. He swears he got lock jaw from eating mushrooms as a kid... He eats them all the time now, but most of the time he doesn't notice ;)

And, no way would I think less of you. I've had a manicure (once), but neither of the others.

Would you think less of me if I told you we've started including pretend in our history work? (Yes, that was me with my face painted surrounded by my Polynesian tribe throwing sticks at an imaginary whale from our imaginary boat today.)