Menu

Satellite/Cable/Satellite PC tv? Any recommendations?

Guest wellpleasedmom

Guest wellpleasedmom

I'm looking at Direct TV, Dish, Cable and Satellite PC. Does anyone have any recommendations on these or anything else out there? Anything you would recommend staying away from?

and enjoy it. I don't know for sure of any advantages except that they carry the Speed channel:), my husband loves nasacar, and NASA, another fav of my husband! I know that most any that you go with will give you a deal for so long, just call around and find out which package best suites your family and then get the best deal.

Satellite TV is digital, with a clearer picture than cable, and that was really important for my husband, once we could swing the increased cost. It is affected by heavy rain, and by ice buildup (as in our December ice storm...), but we also got a DVR so we watched recorded programs as usual, and listened to the radio for weather reports.

For us the winning combination was a TiVo-style DVR + satellite TV, and we chose DirecTV for the features + DVR + price (including installation and monthly fees, if any).

By the way, I love the DVR! It has completely changed the way TV is a part of our lives (we have much more control of what & when we/the kids watch, and we watch a broader variety).

Guest wellpleasedmom

I checked with DirectTV. They do not carry our local channels. Did you have to pick up your own channels through cable or purchased yet more equipement?

Guest wellpleasedmom

We are in Louisiana...Cajun country. Direct TV explained in some cities the local cable company can buy out a time period of contracts for local channels. Seems we are in one of those cities.