Menu

TC Brief History of the World?

Has anyone used Teaching Company's A Brief History of the World? I was thinking of using it for a faster go through, so I could call world history done. We're running out of time. Ds is a jr and may do PSEO classes next year. He's also a slow reader, so I need to concentrate more on other basic classes. Thanks for your opinion.

Has anyone used Teaching Company's A Brief History of the World? I was thinking of using it for a faster go through, so I could call world history done. We're running out of time. Ds is a jr and may do PSEO classes next year. He's also a slow reader, so I need to concentrate more on other basic classes. Thanks for your opinion.

Tina,

I only have this year to do world history also. My daughter is reading Streams of Civilization Vol. 1 (I don't like vol. 2, different author). It is going well. It is half of world history, 18 chapters, no problem doing one chapter per week, and she is also a slow reader. I will transition over to BJU World History (where Streams leaves off) or Human Odyssey to finish, if we do Human Odyssey, I will have to skip a lot, it is a large book. My son did the Streams/BJU combination and it went well (he only had one year as well).

I did look at TC and thought it would add too much work. With the text, my daughter is really improving her note taking (Streams doesn't have questions, so her note taking takes the place of study questions). I add a little bit of whole books in her literature, and am also doing A Beka World Lit. so this year should cover world history pretty well.

HTH