Menu

PreCalculus(Larson) How many problems to do?

Ds is doing the Larson PreCalculus with the Mosely dvd's. I also got the book which happens to be the teacher annotated edition. It has 80 problems to do in the exercise!!:confused: I just want 20 done. Is that enough?

Thanks so much!

Not necessarily. I would say to do the odds, maybe knock a few out if you feel there is great repetition or too many modeling/word problems. It may be hard to have enough practice if one only does a quarter of the problems unless you carefully select them to cover all of the concepts being introduced or reviewed within the exercise set.

My oldest finished CD Precalculus, and my 2nd oldest is almost done (yay!). They did what CD recommended - every 4th problem, beginning with #1, so they did #s 1, 5, 9, 13, 17, etc. We made sure they did at least one in each grouping. It was usually plenty, but if they needed more practice, there were more problems:). It's pretty convenient because the evens and odds track each other. For example, #s 49 & 50 will be almost identical. If your student does 49 and has trouble with it, you can coach him through it, then have him do 50 for extra practice.

So having him do 20 of 80 problems is just fine, as long as he does at least one in each group.

GardenMom