Menu

Lial's Prealgebra

BCM shows the concpets from the beginning. Pre-Algebra expects prior mastery and it moves much faster.

Both texts are Pre-Algebra level books.

BCM worked wonders for my dd.

BCM is also the more 'popular' text for community college remedial maths. Because of this used copies are easier to find making the program much cheaper than Lial's Pre-Algebra.

I've known several families who used Lial's Pre-Algebra without any problems... I guess it is like the Saxon 8/7 or Algebra 1/2 debate... one text moves a bit slower than the other but both cover the needed material to prepare a student for Algebra 1.

I REALLY REALLY like Lial's Introductory Algebra.

I've been reading all your posts on Lial's. Thanks so much of your input. It has been so helpful to me. I been looking through Lial's Introductory Alg. and just love it! I wish I had known of this series 3 years ago. Most of my DC have only used Saxon. I hope I haven't "damaged" them.:ohmy: I'm going to use BCM with my 7th grader. I think as a family we'll be glad to leave Saxon.