Menu

Can I post a brag?

dangermom

I haven't told anyone about this except my mom. My girls are both pretty bright, but not profoundly gifted or anything. My 9yo is very verbal. Anyway we recently had to enroll in a charter school ISP and we're liking it a lot. One requirement was that my 9yo take an online Scantron test to see where she is--there were 3 tests in reading, LA, and math. I figured she would do very well on the reading and just fine on the math. Here's what our teacher-person wrote about the results:

Also, I meant to comment earlier about K****'s SCANTRON results, she actually did complete all three portions of the test and is finished. Poor thing, I could sense that she had reached the limit when she said the math started "to get weird," that 's because she tested at a grade level equivalent of 9.5 (9th grade, 5th month)!! I'm surprised I didn't see smoke coming from her ears from her brain working overtime! I'm thrilled when I actually have a high school student score that well on the SCANTRON in math, even if they are taking high school level Algebra 1 (or Geometry, etc..). If you have been using the Saxon curriculum for the past few years this tells me that she is easily able to extend those concepts into much more complex problems well above grade level which shows higher level math and reasoning skills. She actually tested out of the system's levels in reading (it only goes up to 9.9), with a lexile range of 990-1105 which is 11th/12th grade level. She also tested at the 9th grade level for Language Arts.

So, as you probably already know & did not need "test" results to confirm, we have a very bright little girl on our hands.

So I wasn't surprised at all about the reading, but I was a bit surprised at the math! I guess we're doing OK. You know how it is, you can't tell anyone, so I'm telling all of you, because I have to tell someone!

Yeah!!! It IS good to have a place to brag, huh? I didn't get that it was bad with my closest friends. oops. How many times had I read on here that you can't say anything? But still, I thought my closest friends would celebrate with me...yeah, half-heartedly. Wish i had listened to y'all.

So, YEAH for you guys! Truly happy for you! :party:

I know. It's kind of depressing. Though I think I could tell my one friend whose daughter is a math genius. I broke and told my SIL--we are pretty close and discuss our kids' educations a lot. She is always telling me how well her 5yo is reading and so on and I always cheer. She said "Wow." in a flat kind of a voice. Sigh.

So thanks everyone! :001_smile: