Menu

What happens when you "unfriend" someone on Facebook?

You have made me feel self-conscious for having so many "friends." lol

Really, tho, I have a LARGE extended family AND I taught school for 12 years (I've been in touch with many of my old students who are grown and that is a delight for me!) What I'm thinking is that I should trim some, however. Like, for instance, the parents of students I taught last year. Now that I'm no longer at that school.

However, I wouldn't want anyone to think: why did she unfriend me?

Maybe I should just leave it alone.

Sometimes people dont' even notice... other times they do. If you really feel like paring down your list and don't want to just do it.. you could send a note.. saying you are scaling back and give a general reason..

I think that if you are OK with your friend lists.. don't feel pressure to change it.. If it isn't working for you.. then do what you need to do to feel comfortable..

I suspect that most of the time, people wouldn't even notice. I did discover one person who unfriended me when I wanted to leave her a comment on her wall and realized we were no longer Friends. I still don't know why or even when she dumped me. It's not a big deal in itself, but it still bugs me because I assume I must have posted something that offended her; she has hundreds of people on her Friends list, so I don't think it was a case of cutting back. Then again, if we were really friends, I would have just asked her. ;)