Menu

Dairy-free problem...help? (xpost)

My hubby put a glass of cow's milk in front of my plate tonight, and I drank some before I even realized it wasn't rice milk. I usually get nasty muscle spasms when I tangle with dairy--one time I didn't get out of bed the day following it and it took a month for me to feel good again. Does anyone have something they take to stop/subdue a casein reaction?

Thanks,

Jean

My hubby put a glass of cow's milk in front of my plate tonight, and I drank some before I even realized it wasn't rice milk. I usually get nasty muscle spasms when I tangle with dairy--one time I didn't get out of bed the day following it and it took a month for me to feel good again. Does anyone have something they take to stop/subdue a casein reaction?

Thanks,

Jean

Jean,

Did you take some benadryl? That helps more than anything else here. We take the kids' chewable version ( up to 4), because it touches everywhere the milk touched, calming the reaction as it goes. If that isn't enough, you may need to ask your doctor for prednisone. (I carry a couple prednisone pills with me at all times for severe reactions, since they are more convenient than an epipen.)

Good luck! Let us know how you are feeling tomorrow.

Cathy

My muscles ache, but I am moving this morning. Usually the reaction builds up in my system for a week. I'm on a high dose of decongestant and allegra for my inner ear/allergies right now. I don't know if I should add Benadryl to the list. Maybe my allergy meds will help throughout the week?? Thanks!

Jean