Menu

Grading Scale for transcript....

OK, so I'm finishing up my dd's transcript. It's so purdy, in a functional, mom did it herself kinda way:) Anyway, the only thing left is to throw on the grades which brings me to my question. Everything my dd has done has the final grade as a percentage. I need to change the percentages into letter grades. Would anyone chime in on what their scale was for A, A-, B+, etc...?

Also, I have three boxes across the bottom. One for Academic Summary (credits earned, GPA, Grading scale), one for Test Scores (SAt 5/2009, PSAT (10/2008), on one for Extracurricular Activities (clubs, awards, part-time jobs) is this alright?

Nothing like waiting till the last minute is there?:D

On my daughter's transcript, I used a 90 - 100 equals an A and so on for the scale.

I included the total credits and her overall GPA; I also included test scores. I did not mention any awards other than the fact that she was a National Merit Commended Student and an AP Scholar.

Transcripts come in a variety of forms. Your ideas sound fine to me.

Regards,

Kareni

• 1 month later...

Here's mine.

A+=100; A=95-99; A-=92-94; B+=89-91; B=85-88; B-=80-84; C+=78-79; C=75-77; C-=72-74; D+=70-71; D=68-69; D-=65-97; F=0-64.

My kids say my scale is too high and none of their friends have to work so hard for their grades. That's fine with me. I want them to learn the stuff, not just go through the motions.

I kept it simple: I didn't specify anything other than the letter grade--not A+, just A. The GPA isn't higher if there are pluses, KWIM?

I also did not include ACT/SAT scores. Those scores will come directly from the scorer.

BJUP has a transcript form you can write or type (if you have a typewriter, and who has those any more???) in grades, credits, etc. Extracurriculars are listed on the back of it. However, when I did transcripts for my umbrella school, I didn't include those on the transcripts. Parents would submit those separately to a college if needed.