Menu

After reading another post, I was wondering how many are doing a 6 on 1 off

sort of schedule for high school?

My plan was to go strong through Thanksgiving. Who knows if I'll be able to hold out?! :)

We were going to but then figured out that it probably wouldn't work as we still have two in public school. It is too distracting for 14yr Ds and Dd to do school work with their younger brothers around. So we are going to follow the public school schedule. On the breaks the twins will do simple school work such as catching up and doing some extra reading.

We came upon this schedule several years ago and continue to do it but of course we don't adhere strictly to this schedule. We start mid July to mid Dec then Early Jan to mid May. My ds says this is the best schedule for his brain. He goes to school just long enough to start to get tired of it and then it can rest for a week. Resting only a week makes it easy to pick up where we left off without the review. I've noticed that when we started following this schedules their grades and/or comprehension of things went up. This is his senior year and we'll continue to do this.

We came upon this schedule several years ago and continue to do it but of course we don't adhere strictly to this schedule. We start mid July to mid Dec then Early Jan to mid May. My ds says this is the best schedule for his brain. He goes to school just long enough to start to get tired of it and then it can rest for a week. Resting only a week makes it easy to pick up where we left off without the review. I've noticed that when we started following this schedules their grades and/or comprehension of things went up. This is his senior year and we'll continue to do this.

i'm so glad you posted, this is our first year trying this schedule and since I have two highschoolers, I was rethinking it, it's so good to hear from someone with older ones that it is working for.:001_smile: