Menu

New to TOG: a couple questions about D & R levels

Hello,

We are new to TOG.

What level do most of you put your 9th graders....R or D? Any recommendations on that?

Dd just turned 14 so she is somewhat young for her grade. She is a good reader, yet not strong in critical thinking skills yet.

I wanted her to use the R level History core text but the D level lit. Not sure about the Bible/Church history. If she uses the R level history text, can she still use the D level evaluations, which is what I bought for Dd 12 and hoping to use with Dd 14. Would the material matchup?

Thanks for any insight!!

God bless,

Natalija

Hi Natalija,

I think you're on the mark with your thinking -- R level history, D level lit. She could probably handle R level church history, too. But the literature is on a whole different plane in the R level, so I would wait for her to be a bit older before tackling that.

I can't help you with the evaluations, as we don't do those. I'm sure you'll get some good answers, though!

I just took a look at my Year 1 Evaluations -- it appears that you can choose what quizzes/tests you want to print by level and the only level that includes Literature is Rhetoric.

So, I think you could use the R History Evaluations without using the R Literature Evaluations.