Menu

changing physics texts!

Guest Barb B

Guest Barb B

I am changing from Giancoli physics principles with applications to apologia advanced physics. Ds did saxon physics last year. We want a 2nd year. But the Giancoli is driving us crazy (too much left out in their solution key which is making it too time consuming to figure out where ds or I went wrong in a problem). The material isn't too hard - just the way some info is left out - it just doens/t lend itself well to homeschooling (at least for this mom who does the text and problems as well). Anyway - I decided to go back with my original choice (way back in spring when I was choosing curriculum) of Apologia advanced physics. I am hoping it to be a better fit since it is made for homeschoolers and the solutions provided seem to give enough information as do the presentation in the modules. Since it is created to be a 2nd year physics course I am assuming it will be in depth enough as well as review of previous material that it will be worth it.

Hopefully I am not crazy!

Barb

Bumping Up. Anyone else like Apologia advanced coursed over a traditional "AP" text used in public schools? I know apologia gets a bad review by some but, anybody else like me and find it a better fit?

Barb