Menu

I'm on the coast of BC.

That's where I grew up. Have you ever heard of the BC singer Alan Moberg? I just got a CD of his music (country, which is not normally my style) for Christmas (early, but it wasn't a suprise), and he has an entire CD devoted to BC, so it's been making me think of home.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in Mississauga, Ontario. We've been considering a move... I'd love to go to BC (not too likely at the moment), we've been talking about NS (Halifax) for years as we have family there (some potential), and recently we've started discussing Kitchener/Waterloo (a little more likely). It's nice to see so many homeschoolers on this thread in all those areas! :D

Enjoying the snow and sunshine here in southern Manitoba.

It's great to be a short drive away from a US town - we get our hschooling supplies shipped there. It is much cheaper than paying postage to Canada when many companies offer free shipping to a US address. Bonus: While we're down there we'll usually fill our vehicle with "cheap" fuel.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Another Quebecer (actually American, married to Canadian living in Quebec, will have dual citizenship within a few years.)

But my grandparents are from Quebec, does that help? :0)

Me too! Well, sort of. Dh is not Canadian, but we moved here as permanent residents from the States 2 1/2 years ago. And, my paternal grandfather was from Quebec.

We keep a strong footing in both places, living in Canada, but frequently (at least monthly) visiting, shopping and attending cultural and homeschooling events back in the US. Hence, my location :)

Does anyone live in or near Osoyoos? If so, could you PM me if you'd like to meet this summer? The kids and I are going on holidays there at an obviously undisclosed time since this is a public forum :). I'll have use of a vehicle, too. I haven't been there since there was still a drive in theatre there.

Huh... I don't even know in what province this would be? LOL!

BC, in the interior near the US border. Hot & dry in the summer as I recall. There is a lake there. I can't remember if it's part of the Okanagan valley or not, but I think so.

I was thinking of you earlier today when I read an email from a cousin in Montreal. Her 17 yo just graduated from a private school there and has to start that 2 year college thing you explained in Sept (can't remember the initials.) She's going to some highly competitive one (my cousin & her dc are very academic & somewhere in the gifted spectrum.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
We're in Alberta, around an hour out from Edmonton and wishing I could find a Classical Conversations community around here to help me with memory work!

Hi Jennifer! I'm in Edmonton, but from Ontario. Do I know you? Your name is soooooooo familiar... I think I went to highschool with a Jennifer Bogart in Sudbury...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joeleitz

I live in Victoria but my husband just bought a piece of atlanta real estate so I think we may be living down there part of the year. That will give my kids a nice change anyway and I think it will be good for them to experience new places. Canada is nice but boy the winter in Victoria is damp.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Saying hello from Calgary, Alberta. Good to see a healthy Canadian presence on this forum.

Hi everyone! I'm Canadian too!

We're in Alberta.

Just thought I'd stop in and introduce myself.

Where about are you in Alberta Carpe?

More Albertans, YAY!

I don't know! I've only been to Calgary a few times - mostly to the zoo. I love the zoo in Calgary.

At least there still is a zoo in Calgary. Activists worked so hard in Vancouver that the zoo is history. I have fond memories of going to the zoo as a child and then taking my young cousins there when they were little (I have some very young cousins).

I'm from Ontario, about 2 hours north of Toronto on Georgian Bay. It's a lovely spot, though winters can be harsh.

DH & I had a chance to visit beautiful Nova Scotia and loved it there, especially Cape Breton Island. Was reminded by a previous poster how gorgeous it is!

Hope to see and discover more of our country! :auto: Mmmmmmm, road trip!! :001_smile:

• 3 weeks later...
She's been here once; she'll be back again, don't worry. :D Right, Cleo???

Of course I will, but now that I have a job, it will be harder for me to get away.

It used to be the kids' competitive schedule, and they both quit their competitive sport this year. And then I get myself a job... I'm still tied down :(

• 3 months later...